AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Not all new posts showing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The past couple of days when I click on New Posts it will show me about 10 or so posts and that's it. I know it's not all of the new posts because when I click on Today's Posts there are several pages that have posted since I last visited. Is there a possiblity that it isn't working properly for me or am I just confused? :)

Thanks,
I think New Posts means New Threads, not necessarily new posts in old threads. Is that what you mean?
(09-08-2012, 02:33 PM)CherylG Wrote: [ -> ]I think New Posts means New Threads, not necessarily new posts in old threads. Is that what you mean?

That would be correct. It does not reflect threads that have updated since you last looked at them.
(09-08-2012, 02:55 PM)MelisaH Wrote: [ -> ]That would be correct. It does not reflect threads that have updated since you last looked at them.

Are you sure about that? I get entries on my New Posts lists that include new posts on old threads. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Where I usually end up missing posts is when I've logged in to the forum briefly but not looked at everything. Then my New Posts list next time is short and doesn't include what I didn't look at when I last logged in. The Today's Posts list can be helpful in that case.
(09-08-2012, 03:02 PM)lklivingston Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure about that? I get entries on my New Posts lists that include new posts on old threads. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Where I usually end up missing posts is when I've logged in to the forum briefly but not looked at everything. Then my New Posts list next time is short and doesn't include what I didn't look at when I last logged in. The Today's Posts list can be helpful in that case.

I am never sure about anything these days, lol! I can very easily be wrong and have no idea. I am sure you are probably correct on this. I was thinking this was how it happened, but I am probably mistaken. Sorry if I am misleading everyone.
Oh well. I could just as easily be wrong. It's midnight, I have a room full of girls next to me who are still up and giggling, and I really just want to go to bed. lol
Nope, you were right. Your updates made it show up in the New Posts list.
Hmm, this morning it seems to be working again. There are a couple of pages of new posts. I'll have to click on today's posts and see if they are all here. Since I was on the forum late last night it shouldn't be hard to tell.
(09-08-2012, 03:02 PM)lklivingston Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure about that? I get entries on my New Posts lists that include new posts on old threads. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

That is how it works for me... I am not sure how it decides to change when I was last logged in - I can be looking at the New Posts - turn to do something for 5 minutes, click on it again... and only get a few when the 5 minutes earlier I still had about 3 pages of them. At that point I go to "Today's Posts". I also tend to go to the last page of my new posts (or to the earliest Today's posts I haven't read) - and work my way forward in time. Makes it less likely that i will miss something.