AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Learning how to use the Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I seem to loose the threads I would like to see again. Does anyone have any ideas?

I like going to the User CP it helps me find the threads I have posted.
What do you all like the Best and Why.

Oh and I loved the Kindle information it helped me to put two free books on my kindle.

I had a post about why my misspelled words do not become underlined but I can't seem to find it again. Is it lost in cyber-land or is it just me?

Jane
When you are in user - cp if you click on your user name it will give you an option to see threads but also "all posts", you have to read closely to find that. That is how I have found anything I have posted to and need to go back and check on. Not sure if it is the most efficient way though.
(09-17-2012, 11:13 AM)lonwolfcry Wrote: [ -> ]When you are in user - cp if you click on your user name it will give you an option to see threads but also "all posts", you have to read closely to find that. That is how I have found anything I have posted to and need to go back and check on. Not sure if it is the most efficient way though.

Thank-you for the information. I have learned a few more things to help me navigate around the forums.
In User CP > edit options > default thread subscription mode - if you select "no email notification" in the drop down menu, the Forum will automatically subscribe you to all threads you post to. Once you do that, you can then come to the Forum and click "thread subscriptions" in the grey welcone back box and it will take you to a page of all the threads you are subscribed to - including any automatically subscribed to.

This way, I don't have to search each forum to see if there are any replies to threads I posted to. It also saves me the hassle of having to manually subscribe to any threads to keep track of them.

Hth!