AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: New and need help getting started
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im new ! I'm not very good at things on the computer. It simply tires me. But I'm willing to really try to figure out how to use AO and make this curriculum work for our family,CM's words really speak to me and echo much of my own parenting voice.

I would like to know what is the best way to get the nitty gritty questions answered. I'm on FB and now this tapatalk app. I think their is a yahoo email group that I joined. What is the best way to ask questions about applying the curriculum ?
I'm online at the AO practically daily reading CM's original work and visiting the faq and trying to get my plan together. I'm going to do the read along of "When Children love to learn" I'm just trying to get my hands on the book. I'm really excited and grateful and happy to have found the group !
Now, how can I communicate ? Right now i'd like to see how a day (or week) in the life of an AO lesson plan looks like ? I have questions about sex education. I was sexually abused so it's particularly hard and yet extremely important I'm prepared for this topic. Thank you so much for your thoughts and considerations to my questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would say that the forum is the best place for the type of questions you want to ask. It's less frenetic than FB and posts aren't do quickly lost. They can be more like long conversations.

And if you hang out in here long enough, you make friends. Real, true friend who will laugh and cry with you, and actually truly pray for you.

I know that sex education has been discussed here in the past, and there have been some informal book discussions on that topic too.

And what a day or week is something that gets discussed frequently, and which we are happy to discuss frequently. You might start by posting a new thread about that in the General Q&A section and let us know what years you are planning to do and what you need help with and people will chime in.

Welcome to the forums!!! We're very happy to have you here! (And don't worry if you don't know where to post. Just post somewhere and moderators will make sure it gets to the best place for getting answers.)

Welcome! I agree that you are more likely to get those questions answered in the forum. FB is great for short quick questions, but the kind that need longer well-simmered answers and dialogue are here.

Search the PE sub forum for the sex ed ideas.
Thanks so much ! Is "the forum" on this app ? Is the app a yahoo group ? I guess next time I'm on the AO website and find a link to a forum I can "follow the bread crumbs"

So if I understand correctly here, on this tapatalk I can find a general Q&A question area and ask about the day to day lessons ? Thanks so much !

Yes, you are accessing the forum via the Tapatalk app, rather than through a web browser. The Yahoo group is basically inactive these days.

I usually just scroll the timeline, as you can see in this picture. But to find a particular area of the forum, select "subforum"
[Image: bfdae1d72de671db708ea8c6f233f357.jpg]

Then from there, to find the General Q&A, click on AO curriculum help.
[Image: 59b8d29e32529f7a773e0dae0b9ff508.jpg]

And then you'll see this [Image: 381a9d29d29b6f181d788956d4706e38.jpg]

Thank you :-)

Hi, Gertrude,
I'm a secondary survivor mom. Sex ed is absolutely vital, to me, too. I've started a scope/sequence of tentative resources to go alongside AO, on my blog, if you are interested.
Charlotte Mason wasn't silent on teaching sex ed, thankfully. I'll post an article from the regular "magazine" she used to put out, when I get on my computer later.

I think it's fantastic that you want to prepare yourself to help your children in this area. (((Hug)))

ETA: http://amblesideonline.org/PR/PR11p737Se...tion.shtml

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2