AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Body of Post Hiding Post Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I am typing a post, the body extends into the area for choosing post options. The only post option I can see is "Disable Smilies". Is there some way to fix this? I feel like I did fix it earlier, but I've forgotten how to do it.
(09-25-2012, 12:15 AM)Katie Barr Wrote: [ -> ]When I am typing a post, the body extends into the area for choosing post options. The only post option I can see is "Disable Smilies". Is there some way to fix this? I feel like I did fix it earlier, but I've forgotten how to do it.

I don't know, Katie. I'm responding in order to see what you see. I'm at my desktop computer using a Firefox browser, and mine appears fine. I can see "Signature" and "Disable Smilies." What are you using?
Are you able to take a screen shot and attach it here?
(09-25-2012, 02:38 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: [ -> ]Are you able to take a screen shot and attach it here?

I have a screen shot, but I can't figure out how to upload it into the post. The picture icon is asking for a URL, but the screen shot is an image on my computer, not online. Help? [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]
(09-25-2012, 02:38 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know, Katie. I'm responding in order to see what you see. I'm at my desktop computer using a Firefox browser, and mine appears fine. I can see "Signature" and "Disable Smilies." What are you using?

I am in Google Chrome.
I affixed the screen shot as an attachment.
I have had that problem, too Katie. You can change the size of the box you are typing in by clicking and dragging the small shaded triangle in the lower right hand corner of the type box. You can make it so you can see Sig etc or big enough to make the typing easier - I actually like it bigger, since its easy to shrink back down as needed.
(09-25-2012, 03:54 AM)laurke Wrote: [ -> ]I have had that problem, too Katie. You can change the size of the box you are typing in by clicking and dragging the small shaded triangle in the lower right hand corner of the type box. You can make it so you can see Sig etc or big enough to make the typing easier - I actually like it bigger, since its easy to shrink back down as needed.

I see the little triangle, but I can't get it to shrink. My cursor won't turn into the little arrows that mean 'shrink or make bigger'. It stays the typing cursor or else the regular arrow. Clicking and dragging doesn't do anything.

So the other post option is Signature? Do I need that? I can just change my signature in my User Profile...
(09-25-2012, 05:49 AM)Katie Barr Wrote: [ -> ]I see the little triangle, but I can't get it to shrink. My cursor won't turn into the little arrows that mean 'shrink or make bigger'. It stays the typing cursor or else the regular arrow. Clicking and dragging doesn't do anything.

So the other post option is Signature? Do I need that? I can just change my signature in my User Profile...

I use Firefox and it started happening to me too either the week before we opened for business or the week after... I can't recall. Are you saying that your cursor doesn't change at all when you point it to the bottrom-right-hand corner? I can only move the reply box out of the way when I point my cursor in that particular corner. I see the triangle (3 dots, 2 dots, 1 dot) there and I just left-click and drag it out of the way. But yes... the Sig is the only thing that is covered on mine. There's the Sig and Disable Smilies boxes, but that's all.
Yes, the option is to display your sig or not, not to change it or anything.
Pages: 1 2