AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Search not working correctly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was searching for a particular thread and could not find it via the Search function. I manually looked for the thread, then tried to find out why it hadn't come up in my searches. After doing several tests, I finally tested the Search feature by copying the subject from the thread and pasting it into the search box. Nothing was returned.

The text I entered was "a child's history of the world" (without the quotes).

Since this is the actual subject of the thread, why does it not show up in the search results?
(10-04-2012, 01:31 PM)lklivingston Wrote: [ -> ]I was searching for a particular thread and could not find it via the Search function. I manually looked for the thread, then tried to find out why it hadn't come up in my searches. After doing several tests, I finally tested the Search feature by copying the subject from the thread and pasting it into the search box. Nothing was returned.

The text I entered was "a child's history of the world" (without the quotes).

Since this is the actual subject of the thread, why does it not show up in the search results?

I just want to second that I have experienced this myself on several occasions with respect to finding threads, even when using the title nearly verbatim.
And yet if you search for words in the body of posts the search finds what you're looking for. I think that it may not be looking at post titles - even if that option is selected. Strange.
Jeanne Webb Wrote:And yet if you search for words in the body of posts the search finds what you're looking for. I think that it may not be looking at post titles - even if that option is selected. Strange.

I was wondering about that, Jeanne, but didn't have time to test it last night.