AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Year 7 and 8 Lite Weekly Schedules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow, all of Twains Joan of Arc into one term would be crazy. We are still working through this book. It's definitely long. It's a good book though. I haven't seen the Lang's version to compare. Is it much shorter?
(07-17-2017, 12:08 AM)Janice Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, all of Twains Joan of Arc into one term would be crazy. We are still working through this book. It's definitely long. It's a good book though. I haven't seen the Lang's version to compare.  Is it much shorter?

Yes, something like 500 pgs vs 64.
(07-17-2017, 03:28 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, something like 500 pgs vs 64.

I'm loving the long Twain one myself.  But with a very slow reader I'm thinking I may have her read Lang.  Tough thing because the Twain book is wonderful!
(07-20-2017, 06:09 AM)hodgejennifer04 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm loving the long Twain one myself.  But with a very slow reader I'm thinking I may have her read Lang.  Tough thing because the Twain book is wonderful!

I'm trying to decide how to proceed myself. My daughter will be doing Year 7, and school is sometimes a struggle. I'm considering doing it as a readaloud in the evenings.
I started it as a read together, and moved it to an audible.. My son loves reading it together but I wasn't getting it done. It's now not on my list but he likes to listen and read along in the same room as me so I can listen in while doing chores or such. If we can't do that I catch up on my own with my hard-copy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2