AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Search Minimums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know we have a thread on this somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

I'm checking to see if any change has been made on the search minimums.

For example, I can't search for "Rob Roy." I think you have to use at least four or more characters in a search.

I though I was clever by using "Rob Roy Scott," but then I noticed the search ignore the "Rob Roy," and only searched for "Scott."
I don't think there's any way to change it. It's preset.
Well, there's this, and I'll try it, but from other reading, I doubt that it will work:
https://community.mybb.com/post-1228242.html
Can you put "Rob Roy" in quotes?
Phyllis, I just did a test with our local CM community's Forum, and it worked for me when I followed the instructions in the link you provided.  

Quote:forum admin panel >> Configuration (Settings) >> Search System >> Minimum Search Word Length
change the value as required (2 or 1), save the settings and check if it works for you.

I set our minimum search word length to 0.   I created a fake thread called Rob Roy, and then it found it with no problem.
I already had it set to 0 here, and I've tried 1, 2, and 3 today. None work. It's probably set in our server's MySQL.
Quotes work. I searched something with 2 letters and used quotes but I included a longer word too. I don't remember what it was.
(08-14-2017, 11:25 PM)michelle dawn Wrote: [ -> ]Quotes work. I searched something with 2 letters and used quotes but I included a longer word too.  I don't remember what it was.

I think the quotes only worked because you had at least one word which had four characters or more.
(08-14-2017, 11:12 PM)Phyllis Wrote: [ -> ]I already had it set to 0 here, and I've tried 1, 2, and 3 today. None work. It's probably set in our server's MySQL.

Thank you for trying.
(08-14-2017, 11:50 PM)Dawn Rhymer Wrote: [ -> ]I think the quotes only worked because you had at least one word which had four characters or more.

Yes. I can't remember if I tried otherwise. Remembering what I was searching would help. But I can't remember anything this morning.  [:P cheesy, cheesy!]