AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Folksongs for term 2 of the 2020-2021 Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Folksongs for term 2 of the 2020-2021 Year are up: https://archipelago7.blogspot.com/2020/0...-list.html

The songs for term 2 are:

The Cruel War

The Alberta Homesteader or Starving to Death on My Government Claim

Michael, Row the Boat Ashore
Thank you!

Sent from my (usually) smart phone
Just a quick thank you. We usually pick and choose our folk songs, as our family has a strong folk singing tradition - we learn some family ones mainly from the British isles interspersed with AO selections. This terms favourite has been the Alberta Homesteader, and I have caught all the kids singing random lines over the last week or so as they are preparing it for our end of term "recital". I would never have found it on my own. Thank you for widening our folk song repertoire!
I've lived in Alberta and Saskatchewan and have never heard the Alberta Homesteader, it is so fun and the lyrics are spot on. It's a big hit here too!
Thank you so so much for all your work on providing Folk Songs. I cannot express how much our family enjoys them. We can sing just about all of them from heart and the kids ask for them to be played regularly. It adds such fun sprinkles to our days!