AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Plutarch Revisions are Coming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The cycle of AO Plutarch studies is complete. All the Plutarch Project books are in print, and the last three online studies will soon be posted on the website.

However, in reviewing the first few volumes published, it was pretty obvious that they could be improved: made easier to follow, with more background, "creative narration" suggestions, and examination questions (as in the later volumes). So I'm working on the Revised Edition of Volume One. When it comes out in January, the 2015 version will go out of print. The updated notes will also replace the existing online ones for Cato the Censor, Philopoemen, and Titus Flamininus.

I am planning updates also to Volumes Two and Three, to bring them more into the style of the later ones.  Watch for those by the end of 2021.There may be cosmetic changes to the later volumes (getting rid of the confusing brackets), but they won't be as major.
Thank you Anne! We love these guides!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Thanks for all you do to bring Plutarch to the masses. ;) You took something very intimidating (for me) and made it do-able.
I agree. I find it helpful just to know where to stop a reading!! And it’s so nice to have the definition of a word on the page just before, so I don’t have to grab my phone and look it up. Often I can give a definition of the word, but your definitions, Anne, are concise and in context. Very grateful. Thank you.
I love your guides. Thank you!
Thank you for all of your work, Anne!!! We have found your guides very helpful and informative.
I hope the new versions will make the Plutarch lessons even better.
I am brand new to AO and homeschooling. Will begin this fall with my soon-to-be 6 yr old! Where can I find these amazing guides? TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-18-2021, 11:59 PM)AmandaJane Wrote: [ -> ]I am brand new to AO and homeschooling. Will begin this fall with my soon-to-be 6 yr old! Where can I find these amazing guides? TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! The study guides are free to use on the AO website, or they can be bought in book format from Amazon. 

https://www.amblesideonline.org/PlutarchSch.shtml

But you don't have to worry about Plutarch just yet; Plutarch studies begin in Year Four.
Anne, I am just really digging into Plutarch for the first time...with my 16 year old and 12 year olds! I know, it's late in the game but better late than never. We are doing Publicola first and finding your guide so helpful. I love the suggested assignments especially. We just did Lesson 9 (I think?) of Publicola yesterday where you suggested making a comic strip of the events (Mucius putting his hand into the burning coals and impressing the enemy king) and my 12 year son actually made a comic strip in his free time because he thought it would be fun! [cheesy grin] 

In the past every time I tried doing Plutarch on my own, it just fizzled out. Now it is coming to life for us. So THANK YOU! [Heart <3]
Pages: 1 2