AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Open Buddy List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am wondering how the open buddy list works.

The other night I had been thinking of some of the wonderful posts I have received and thought to myself I would like to have a wider knowledge/friendship with some of these ladies. Is the open buddy list a way of doing this?
Jane
I've been meaning to ask the same thing, can't wait to hear the response!
I guess no one knows the answer to this.
What is the open buddy list?
I think a "buddy" is a way of "friending" someone here on the forum... I don't use Facebook but have subscribed to one other forum in the past which utilized "friends". I'm not sure, though, what features might be available once people have mutually added each other to their buddy lists on this forum. If you click the "Open Buddy List" it looks like the window that pops up might contain a clickable list of your buddies if you had some, maybe? The option to add buddies is on the user cp page... Maybe someone with more info will post here at some point? :)

(Or maybe you guys already have buddies and just can't figure out the "open buddy list" part? If so, just ignore my rambling! :) )
I think I understand it to be what you said, laurel. LOL I couldn't even find the "Open Buddy List" at first!
(04-12-2013, 06:59 AM)laurel :) Wrote: [ -> ]I think a "buddy" is a way of "friending" someone here on the forum... I don't use Facebook but have subscribed to one other forum in the past which utilized "friends". I'm not sure, though, what features might be available once people have mutually added each other to their buddy lists on this forum. If you click the "Open Buddy List" it looks like the window that pops up might contain a clickable list of your buddies if you had some, maybe? The option to add buddies is on the user cp page... Maybe someone with more info will post here at some point? :)

(Or maybe you guys already have buddies and just can't figure out the "open buddy list" part? If so, just ignore my rambling! :) )

Actually your right, I asked since its up there without an explanation and I am looking for one. Either I am curious or just plain nosey.[:P cheesy, cheesy!]
I added you, Jane, to my Open Buddy List but I don't know what that means now.
I *think*, at minimum, you will be able to tell when your Buddies are online in the forum. Other than that, I don't know. Your question has been passed on to those who might know by another Auxiliary member, lol!
I'm moving this to the Tech Support forum. I don't really read Chit-Chat much. :)

Honestly, I haven't used the Buddy List, but it's just a way to keep track of certain people on the forum. As far as I know, it gives you a way to contact people a little faster, almost like an address book. And, like others have said, you should be able to see if your buddies are online.
Pages: 1 2