AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Missing Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just responded to a post titled "Pre-reading Yr1 - Week 12" and it is not showing. When I go to edit then I see the post? Thanks for your help!
(07-20-2013, 09:13 AM)Carolyn Wrote: [ -> ]I just responded to a post titled "Pre-reading Yr1 - Week 12" and it is not showing. When I go to edit then I see the post? Thanks for your help!

Carolyn,

I went in and looked at your post. It looks like when you were responding, you deleted the close quote, but left the beginning opening of the quote (who you are quoting). That caused the post to be blank for some reason. I deleted that beginning line and all is well.

To answer your question in that thread:
To do the quote box, you put your cursor where you would like to start the quote, click on the little button that looks rather like a cartoon word box just above the text. Then put your cursor in the spot where you would lie to close the quote and click the quote button again (at this point, it will have red words above and to the right of it that says "close tags"). You can do this as many times as needed if so you can respond to various sections of an email.

Hope this helps! If it makes no sense, let me know and I will retry explaining it.
(07-20-2013, 12:11 PM)MelisaH Wrote: [ -> ]Carolyn,

I went in and looked at your post. It looks like when you were responding, you deleted the close quote, but left the beginning opening of the quote (who you are quoting). That caused the post to be blank for some reason. I deleted that beginning line and all is well.

To do the quote box, you put your cursor where you would like to start the quote, click on the little button that looks rather like a cartoon word box just above the text. Then put your cursor in the spot where you would lie to close the quote and click the quote button again (at this point, it will have red words above and to the right of it that says "close tags"). You can do this as many times as needed if so you can respond to various sections of an email.

Hope this helps! If it makes no sense, let me know and I will retry explaining it.

Thank you so much for your help and answering my quote box question:)
(07-20-2013, 01:22 PM)Carolyn Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so much for your help and answering my quote box question:)

You are welcome!
(07-20-2013, 12:11 PM)MelisaH Wrote: [ -> ]Carolyn,

Hi Melisa! It is me again. I am trying to figure this whole quote thing out, and saw this post. Using your post as practice, I hit the reply box of this message. Then I placed the cursor where I wanted to quote "put your cursor in the spot where you would like to close.......". When I did this, I didn't see cartoon word box above the text. I am on an iPAD, does this make a difference?
Did the quote box include the text you wanted?
I use an iPad. That, in itself makes no difference.