AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Sorting Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I briefly tried to figure out what I'm missing, but then decided to do it this easy way by asking here.

When I come to look at posts, I opt for "View New Posts" or "View Today's Posts" to begin.

Once that page pulls up, I opt to sort by forum. I think the default sort is descending according to time posted.

After I've chosen to sort by forum, next to "Forum" will then read [desc]. When I read the forum names, they are combined somewhat, but jumbled and appear to be sorted by ??? I can't figure it out.

Alphabetically speaking, when I sort by [desc] they are sorted "M,E,F,L" ... Wait, is it sorting by the ascending and descending order according to how they're listed on the main forum page?

YES! That must be it. I just looked and that's what it seems to be doing.

I'm sorry, but I can't recall what order everything is in on that page. Could we cause it to sort forums alphabetically like it does with user names?
That might be complicated. Could you remind me to look at it again later? Thanks!
What build of myBB are we using?