AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: member titles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just wondering, how does the label New Member/Regular Member, etc. get assigned? Does New Member mean new to the forum? When does that change?
Annette in MD
(08-11-2012, 09:27 PM)Annette W. Wrote: [ -> ]I was just wondering, how does the label New Member/Regular Member, etc. get assigned? Does New Member mean new to the forum? When does that change?
Annette in MD

It depends on the number of posts you've made, Annette. Junior is 15 posts; Regular is 30.
I've made kore than 30 posts and mine still says just member instead of regular member. Or is it 30 posts per day?
(07-08-2013, 03:20 PM)Mamaprepper Wrote: [ -> ]I've made kore than 30 posts and mine still says just member instead of regular member. Or is it 30 posts per day?

I didn't know we had a "member" category. I thought it was just junior members and regular members. Since the forum upgrade a couple weeks ago, unexplained little things have been popping up; this might be one of those things.

At any rate, it's 30 posts total. There's no special distinction for posts per day. :)
Lol, ok. It's silly, I was just feeling left behind. Lol. The things we get attached to. :). Thank you for answering. :)
(07-09-2013, 03:15 AM)Mamaprepper Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, ok. It's silly, I was just feeling left behind. Lol. The things we get attached to. :). Thank you for answering. :)

Dont worry :) I have been here for a while and def. have more than 30 and still am just member...[:P cheesy, cheesy!]. we could make the left behind group or something...[cheesy grin]
And since I'm here...I have been going crazy trying to find out why some have "42 moms" under their name instead...
(07-09-2013, 03:58 AM)clay1416 Wrote: [ -> ]And since I'm here...I have been going crazy trying to find out why some have "42 moms" under their name instead...

42 Moms is a special private forum (which can be applied to for viewing rights) for moms who are...42 or older, and still homeschooling. In their profiles, they can choose to show that group instead of "regular member" if they like. I believe anyone in a special forum can do this.

To see what special private groups are available you can go to your User CP and click Group Memberships in the left sidebar.
(07-09-2013, 04:15 AM)Brandy Vencel Wrote: [ -> ]42 Moms is a special private forum (which can be applied to for viewing rights) for moms who are...42 or older, and still homeschooling. In their profiles, they can choose to show that group instead of "regular member" if they like. I believe anyone in a special forum can do this.

To see what special private groups are available you can go to your User CP and click Group Memberships in the left sidebar.

Thanks! And here I was thinking all kind of conspiracy theories...lol...
Mamaprepper: I found the answer to your question! When Brandy answered my question about the 42 moms group, I went ahead and tried to change mine to show that I belong to the Special Needs subgroup...it turns out that if I choose that it will only read member and not "Special needs". So now I changed it to regular member...am I making sense?? Go to your profile and check on subgroups and you will see the options...

I hope I didnt make your head spin!
Pages: 1 2