AmblesideOnline Forums
Weird text since update - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Weird text since update (/showthread.php?tid=16168)

Weird text since update - jussiemariee - 01-06-2015

[Image: 2bd0997ef2f1c97972c7b4d1d08e50dd.jpg]

A bunch of posts look like this... Very hard for me, almost like it is unformatted. Is this me, or is everyone getting this?

RE: Weird text since update - laurke - 01-06-2015

Not just you. tapatalk also has done updates, so its hard to know where the issue is. Notification emails are doing the same thing.

RE: Weird text since update - MelisaH - 01-06-2015

(01-06-2015, 09:40 AM)jussiemariee Wrote: [Image: 2bd0997ef2f1c97972c7b4d1d08e50dd.jpg]

A bunch of posts look like this... Very hard for me, almost like it is unformatted. Is this me, or is everyone getting this?

That is a link to a picture someone is trying to share.

For me, those links are broken because OpenDNS blocks (on purpose in our house) many photo sharing sites. I am sure the images are fine, but in my case, I simply see the code that you shared - not the image.

RE: Weird text since update - jussiemariee - 01-07-2015

It took me a minute to figure out what you were saying, the image that you're seeing is a screenshot of what I'm seeing when I look at the post. I copied the post below that shows what I am seeing. The text is completely unformatted. Or so to say, that I can see all the formatting notations print it out. This may be a Tapatalk issue, because I don't see it if I use Chrome, but if others are seeing it could it be a way we are communicating with Tapatalk? It didn't start until our update, but I haven't really been using it since their update either so I'm not sure.

<font color="#141823">I have an important question.</font><br />
<font color="#141823"><br />
If a child is having trouble understanding a book, what would Miss Mason have done? Would she have discussed the book in more detail? Would she have choosen an easier book that was, ofcourse, not twaddle?
</font><br />
<font color="#141823">I have not researched this but I thought I'd put this question out there. I want to respond to my children's needs in a CM way.<br />
</font>My DD13  completed Pre7 last year and we will be starting AO7 at the end of this month. Out of my three children she takes a little more time to understand some concepts, especially in science and history. <br />
<br />
My instinct is to jump online and look at the facts, read all the facts and build a solid base for her to grow on with her AO books. But I then start to question myself. <br />
Is this making things too easy?<br />
Should she do this herself?<br />
Is this CM?<br />
Do we know what Charlotte would have done?<br />
<br />
I want to keep true to the method as much as I can as I know that the method brings about beautiful results. <br />
Can someone direct me to some information?<br />
<br />
Thank you<br />
<br />
[Leave me alone. I'm reading.]<br/>

RE: Weird text since update - Phyllis - 01-07-2015

On my list to to look at.... Thank you! Sorry that I'm moving slowly.

Merry Christmas! :)