AmblesideOnline Forums
Nature Study - Perseid Meteor shower - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Nature Study - Perseid Meteor shower (/showthread.php?tid=20758)

Nature Study - Perseid Meteor shower - LindsayL - 08-13-2015

I don't know where else to ask, so I am asking here -- I find again that my post to the Ambleside Online e-list is not going through.  As the post concerns the Perseid Meteor shower which is happening Now, it's important that the information gets out in a timely manner if people are to observe this phenomenon with their families.  I have been on this e-list for years, so this shouldn't be a problem.  And the e-list is the best way of getting out timely information.

I hope someone can take care of this.  Thanks

RE: Nature Study - Perseid Meteor shower - juliebugg - 08-13-2015

I have no idea about an email list (AO has an email?!) But I'm happy to know about the meteors. Thanks :)

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

RE: Nature Study - Perseid Meteor shower - VanessaB - 08-13-2015

The forum replaced the yahoo group/e-list. AO uses the forum and their FB page now. I think (not 100% positive) that the yahoo group is for reference only, there aren't any new posts there. Have you posted it on the forum? I didn't look before responding.

RE: Nature Study - Perseid Meteor shower - MelisaH - 08-13-2015

(08-13-2015, 02:02 AM)LindsayL Wrote: I don't know where else to ask, so I am asking here -- I find again that my post to the Ambleside Online e-list is not going through.  As the post concerns the Perseid Meteor shower which is happening Now, it's important that the information gets out in a timely manner if people are to observe this phenomenon with their families.  I have been on this e-list for years, so this shouldn't be a problem.  And the e-list is the best way of getting out timely information.

I hope someone can take care of this.  Thanks

Hi Lindsay,

The old, fairly inactive AOYG list is fully moderated, thus, no posts go through right away. I apologize for the inconvenience, but the forum is the place we encourage everyone to post since the YG is pretty much just an archive location at this point in time. We approve them as soon as we are able after finding out about them. I know we have discussed this before and you know that that is the case. I did double check. While your post was there and waiting for approval (and I did approve it), I never received an email about it. I know it is not necessarily my email addy because I received an email notification from another group I moderate shortly after the person posted it. So, while I would like to have known about your pending post in a timely manner, I can only do so much if the email from YG doesn't make it to me.

However, you are more than welcome to post such things here on the forum (like you did with this post) and the large number of users on the forum will see your post right away instead of waiting for one of the two YG mods to get an email from Yahoo Groups to notify us about your email.

Thanks for understanding. :)