AmblesideOnline Forums
2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=22467)

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Gauchonboys - 03-31-2016

(03-29-2016, 03:04 AM)lklivingston Wrote: Sorry!  This:
"Breakouts for each Form, with an overview of the Form and then details on each year"

There will be a breakout for Form I, to talk about Years 1-3, and a breakout for Form II, to talk about Years 4-6, and a breakout for Forms III and IV, to talk about Years 7-9, and a breakout for Forms V and VI, to talk about Years 10-12.  Those will last twice as long as a normal breakout because they cover so much more material, and there will be two of those going on at the same time, two in the morning and two in the afternoon.  If you do one of those, you can't attend any of the other sessions going on at the same time.
I already don't know what to do I have kids in all different levels :/ will recordings be sold if you miss something that you needed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - lklivingston - 04-01-2016

We do hope to record the sessions, but we can't guarantee anything. We had expert recording help last year, and we still haven't managed to get those recordings posted.

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - KimSanDiego - 04-03-2016

(04-01-2016, 11:31 AM)lklivingston Wrote: We do hope to record the sessions, but we can't guarantee anything. We had expert recording help last year, and we still haven't managed to get those recordings posted.

Ok.

sorry if this is asked and answered but what's the ending time on Saturday?

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - lklivingston - 04-03-2016

12 is lunch, then we leave. Checkout is before lunch.

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Mrs.Honey - 04-03-2016

I'm very new to Charlotte Mason/AO (so much so that I don't even feel comfortable calling it "CM" yet! Haha) and have just finished my first week of Year 1 with my son. I thought I might as well just jump in with both feet and fly out to this conference from Northern California - so here I am, flight booked and conference prepaid!

I just found the post that someone mentioned about Chit-Chat and rides, etc. I'll go check it out as I think I'll be renting a car so maybe I can give someone a ride. So excited to go to Texas (first time) and meet some other AO moms! Extra thanks to all the women that put this together! Amazing work!!

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Purposeful Abnegation - 04-05-2016

Can I be nosy and ask which PR article Wendi is going to be discussing? [Cool, man. Grooovay. Like, peace out and all that jazz...]

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - WendiC - 04-05-2016

(04-05-2016, 04:56 AM)Purposeful Abnegation Wrote: Can I be nosy and ask which PR article Wendi is going to be discussing? [Cool, man. Grooovay. Like, peace out and all that jazz...]

Probably http://www.amblesideonline.org/PR/PR10p549PNEUPrinciples.shtml

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - CrazyMama - 04-06-2016

Sorry for the buckshot of questions, but it would be great to have any answers I can: Is there any idea on the number of people in the sessions? Are there going to be big vs small sessions? Also is there any idea how many conference spots are left? I have not signed up yet, but I have recruited 3-4 people who are looking at plane tickets and I have at least 4 more who are interested, but needing to discuss it with their spouse more. All my people are heading overseas within the year to India, but their children are all under six so finances and spouse help are needed to be worked out. Is there a missionary discount at all, I did not think there was, but I thought I would ask?

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - lklivingston - 04-06-2016

There will be large group sessions and smaller breakouts of no more than 50 people.

There are still spots left. How many depends on how people share rooms.

We aren't able to offer discounts right now, unfortunately.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - CrazyMama - 04-07-2016

Please forgive me if this is a question you have answered somewhere already. If someone is commuting and they pack their meals will they be able to eat at the tables with the people who have bought the meals, I know some hotels or conference restaurants have rules about no outside food?