AmblesideOnline Forums
Schedule Changes Years 4, 5, 6 - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Schedule Changes Years 4, 5, 6 (/showthread.php?tid=30219)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Schedule Changes Years 4, 5, 6 - LeslieNoelani - 03-22-2017

We made a few changes to our schedules for Year 4, 5 and 6:

In Year 4:
Ocean of Truth/Isaac Newton was added (this is where he fits historically)

In Year 5:
Halliburton (or Hillyer) was scheduled at one chapter per week instead of two.
Passion for the Impossible was moved to free reading, and
Of Courage Undaunted and Carry a Big Stick were spaced out more slowly to fill in that extra term.
Alexander Graham Bell and GW Carver were spaced out slower to fill the term Isaac Newton vacated.

In Year 6:
Missionary Travels was removed except as an option for those who can't get Halliburton/Hillyer
Halliburton/Hillyer still starts in Year 5, but continues into Year 6, terms 1 and 2
Vautier Golding's David Livingstone book is scheduled in Term 3
School of the Woods was moved to free reading;
The Sea Around Us was spaced out over the whole year.
The Iliad moved to Term 2 so that The Odyssey could be added to Term 3.
We scheduled a retelling of the Iliad/Odyssey rather than the original.

The old schedules are still linked, and no new books were added (except The Odyssey, which has a free ebook option). It's more of a slight shuffling than a real change.

The grid chart schedules haven't been updated yet, but should be updated in the next day or two (thanks to Kathy!) Even after that happens, you'll still be able to access the old weekly schedules and their grid charts. The link will be at the top of the current (newer) 36-week schedule.

RE: Schedule Changes - laurke - 03-22-2017

Wonderful changes! Thank you.

RE: Schedule Changes - Amy Jo Hines - 03-22-2017

Sweet!

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

RE: Schedule Changes - Ola Snyder - 03-22-2017

Great changes. THANK YOU, Leslie and Kathy!!

RE: Schedule Changes - Mamatango6 - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 10:28 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: We made a few changes to our schedules for Year 4, 5 and 6:

In Year 4:
Ocean of Truth/Isaac Newton was added (this is where he fits historically)

In Year 5:
Halliburton (or Hillyer) was scheduled at one chapter per week instead of two.
Passion for the Impossible was moved to free reading, and
Of Courage Undaunted and Carry a Big Stick were spaced out more slowly to fill in that extra term.
Alexander Graham Bell and GW Carver were spaced out slower to fill the term Isaac Newton vacated.

In Year 6:
Missionary Travels was removed except as an option for those who can't get Halliburton/Hillyer
Halliburton/Hillyer still starts in Year 5, but continues into Year 6, terms 1 and 2
Vautier Golding's David Livingstone book is scheduled in Term 3
School of the Woods was moved to free reading;
The Sea Around Us was spaced out over the whole year.
The Iliad moved to Term 2 so that The Odyssey could be added to Term 3.
We scheduled a retelling of the Iliad/Odyssey rather than the original.

The old schedules are still linked, and no new books were added (except The Odyssey, which has a free ebook option). It's more of a slight shuffling than a real change.

The grid chart schedules haven't been updated yet, but should be updated in the next day or two (thanks to Kathy!) Even after that happens, you'll still be able to access the old weekly schedules and their grid charts. The link will be at the top of the current (newer) 36-week schedule.
I'm about to start y5 with my daughter. Can you sum up for me the reason for the changes? Just curious.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

RE: Schedule Changes - LeslieNoelani - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 01:05 PM)Mamatango6 Wrote: I'm about to start y5 with my daughter. Can you sum up for me the reason for the changes? Just curious.

Partly we wanted to smooth out the amount of reading a little more evenly across those three years, we filled in a gap in Year 6, moved a book to free reading that many people weren't actually using . . . that sort of thing. Tidying up, you might say.

RE: Schedule Changes - yzomme - 03-22-2017

We are on week 22 in AO4, what is the best way to pull this book into this year's readings. A summer read perhaps? or start as soon as possible with it and keep going into summer until finished?

RE: Schedule Changes - Benaiah's mom - 03-22-2017

How often do things change? I'm buying and am overseas

RE: Schedule Changes - lklivingston - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 02:15 PM)yzomme Wrote: We are on week 22 in AO4, what is the best way to pull this book into this year's readings. A summer read perhaps? or start as soon as possible with it and keep going into summer until finished?
Which book?

RE: Schedule Changes - lklivingston - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 02:46 PM)Benaiahs mom Wrote: How often do things change? I'm buying and am overseas
Not usually very often, and you can always stick with the old schedule.