AmblesideOnline Forums
How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? (/showthread.php?tid=42714)

Pages: 1 2

How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? - laurens - 06-14-2020

I read the rules, and I am still confused. How do I make a post in the Resources Thread, friends? I want it to read something like "AO WTB Year 7 Science Books."

RE: How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? - lklivingston - 06-14-2020

(06-14-2020, 12:15 PM)laurens Wrote: I read the rules, and I am still confused. How do I make a post in the Resources Thread, friends? I want it to read something like "AO WTB Year 7 Science Books."
New members can't post in that area. Once you have enough posts to be a Regular Member, you will be able to post.

RE: How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? - HelenD - 06-05-2021

(06-14-2020, 12:22 PM)lklivingston Wrote: New members can't post in that area. Once you have enough posts to be a Regular Member, you will be able to post.

Hi!  I think I understand the reason for requiring people to have made a certain number of posts in order to gain access to post on the Buy/Sell AO Books thread -- but what if you just don't have anything worthwhile to say?!  Does it make sense to post just to increase your post count?  I've been a member of the forum since 2012, and have some lovely AO and AO-related books I'd like to offer to the community, but I don't have access.  Could the length of membership be a consideration in determining the Status of a member? 

Would it be possible for me to get access to post to the Buy/Sell AO Books forum? 

I appreciate your consideration, and all you leaders do.  Thank you!

How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? - MaryFrances - 06-05-2021

I have no authority whatsoever, but I am going to push back hard on the idea that you have nothing worthwhile to say! Please don't deprive us of your thoughts and conversation!

Please revive any old threads you want! Talk away. We are always ready to pick back up on most any topic. There is an area of the forum for off-topic chatting too. Start a thread on any topic you like!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RE: How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? - HelenD - 06-05-2021

Thanks a lot for the vote of confidence, Mary Frances!  This wasn’t really meant to be focused on that, though, but rather the fact that one (me, in this case) can’t make posts to offer nice AO books to the community without achieving a certain number of posts.  Others also have this issue, I noticed through searching for help with this topic — and not just for selling books, but also Hot Topics, for instance. 

Any possibility that the criteria could be relaxed or modified?

Thank you!

How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? - lklivingston - 06-05-2021

We only have the post-count option to automatically give someone access. It's a crude tool, but it's there to discourage people from joining just to sell or just to argue. You have to join and then engage before you can sell or argue.

RE: How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? - happi - 06-05-2021

It's really easy to hit the number of posts e.g. introduce yourself, welcome newbies to the group, volunteer to type, post some of your kids work. :)

RE: How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? - HelenD - 06-06-2021

(06-05-2021, 03:10 PM)lklivingston Wrote: We only have the post-count option to automatically give someone access. It's a crude tool, but it's there to discourage people from joining just to sell or just to argue. You have to join and then engage before you can sell or argue.

OK, thanks Kathy.  I am disappointed, but I accept the ruling and I guess I'll have to navigate the mazes of ebay or etsy to sell the mostly hardback copies of AO and AO-friendly books I have (e.g., many hardback Landmark books).  I'm not homeschooling anymore, but enjoy informally following the curriculum for myself as a sort of Mother Culture.  I appreciate all you do, and thank you for it!

RE: How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? - HelenD - 06-06-2021

(06-05-2021, 04:07 PM)happi Wrote: It's really easy to hit the number of posts e.g. introduce yourself, welcome newbies to the group, volunteer to type, post some of your kids work. :)

Thanks for the encouragement, Happi!  Best wishes to you!

RE: How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? - molliejo55 - 07-29-2021

I'm also trying to increase my posts so that I can sell some math books here. I love the Forum, but don't post often!