AmblesideOnline Forums
Problems after forum update Sept 2020 - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Problems after forum update Sept 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=43961)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Problems after update - Phyllis - 10-01-2020

I learned something new: at least in Chrome, if I hold down Shift when I click the Refresh button, then the newest changes show up.

RE: Problems after update - zozo21 - 10-01-2020

I can do the same!

RE: Problems after update - MiriamN - 10-01-2020

(09-30-2020, 10:53 PM)lklivingston Wrote: What browser are you using?  On what type of device?  (My text isn't centered at all.  I'm using Firefox on a PC and Brave on an Android phone.)

I'm using Google Chrome on a MacBook. However, I just tried holding shift while refreshing as Phyllis suggested, and it worked! All text is left-aligned again, and the colors are much better! Thank you!

RE: Problems after update - Subversive Gardener - 10-01-2020

Last night everything was looking fine and normal to me. Possibly my phone was using cached data. This morning, some things have moved (but it looks like that's intentional) and the row of links across the very top (AO Home, etc) has vanished.
I'm using chrome on android.

RE: Problems after update - Susannah_E - 10-01-2020

In Safari on Mac, after holding down shift and refreshing two or three times, I seem to have gotten the colors to go back to normal (I had most text in blue and a large black box at the top with Welcome). Nice to see the sage-green hues again!

RE: Problems after update - etihwnyrhtak - 10-01-2020

(10-01-2020, 06:24 AM)Subversive Gardener Wrote: Last night everything was looking fine and normal to me. Possibly my phone was using cached data. This morning, some things have moved (but it looks like that's intentional) and the row of links across the very top (AO Home, etc) has vanished.
I'm using chrome on android.

Exact same device/browser/situation for me.

Soooo, I did have the aforementioned success on my desktop, but I am not able to see the normal color scheme on my iPhone Chrome browser. Any ideas how to refresh on a mobile device in order to see the changes?

RE: Problems after update - lklivingston - 10-01-2020

Usually in the browser settings there's a way to clear your cache.

(10-01-2020, 10:04 AM)lklivingston Wrote: Usually in the browser settings there's a way to clear your cache.

Brilliant! That did it. Thanks!!

RE: Problems after update - Rondalyno - 10-01-2020

I know you were still working on colors, so maybe this will resolve itself. On the bottom of the page where the search/magnifying glass icons are lined up all the way across, the white lettering on light gray band is extremely hard to read. I looked at it several times and didn't realize there was any text. I thought "I wonder why there's a row of magnifying glasses as a border?" Then I clicked on one and saw that it did something, so I picked up my laptop and moved it around until the lighting was such that I could see the text by the icons.

I did "clear cache" in Chrome, so I think everything is showing up as it is intended - at least that fixed my wonky "Member list" button.