AmblesideOnline Forums
Mobile Users - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Mobile Users (/showthread.php?tid=443)

Mobile Users - lklivingston - 07-29-2012

If you are viewing this forum on a mobile device, you have some additional options.

You may choose to use the web browser on your device to access the forum. All the features should then display and operate exactly as described in the forum documentation.

You may choose to use an app on your mobile device to access the forum. We have installed ForumRunner on the forum so that if you choose to purchase their app and install it on your device, you can see the forum in a more mobile-friendly view. ForumRunnner (is currently not working with the current version of MyBB) is available for Apple products as well as Android.

If you do purchase and install ForumRunner, you will need to search for Ambleside Online in their forum list and add it to your favorites.

Some forum features do not display in FR:
Announcements do not show up at all.
Stickies appear on a separate tab from other threads.
Colors, smilies, and other special formatting do not appear.
Automatic prefixes to subject lines (such as in the buy/sell forum) do not appear.
Closed threads are not designated.

RE: Mobile Users - Phyllis - 01-19-2013

We are also trying out Tapatalk now, too. I have no way to see what it looks like and how it works, so I feel a little blind here. If you see an advertisement suggesting that you buy a Tapatalk app, please don't feel like you have to buy it! If the ad shows up often, I'll see about disabling it. If it's only the first time you login from a mobile device, we can probably put up with it....

RE: Mobile Users - lklivingston - 01-20-2013

The ad showed up twice for me, once when ForumRunner opened a browser window on my device and once when I opened the forum in my device's browser. After that it has not shown up, so hopefully it really only comes on once.

RE: Mobile Users - lklivingston - 03-25-2014

Tapatalk is free now. It shows sticky threads on the same page as regular threads. It does not give you the option of email/no email when you subscribe to a thread. If I think of other differences between Tapatalk and ForumRunner, I will post them here.

RE: Mobile Users - Phyllis - 01-29-2015

Also, if you are having trouble with formatting your posts and/or copying and pasting, please read this post and change your default posting mode.

Mobile Users - lklivingston - 08-22-2015

Tapatalk regularly changes its format. Currently, here's how to get to the most useful screens:

[Image: ecd3d2b5699a47175a78324495078dc3.jpg]

You might see a view like this at first. Click the star at the bottom.

[Image: 33be745897c3be2210bec2b62434e72b.jpg]

Now click the AmblesideOnline banner.

[Image: 91a3d9bca3fcd5a944d4d4d2e4968d4a.jpg]

Select Timeline from the horizontal scroll bar above the list of posts if you want to scroll through most recent posts.

Or select Subforums if you want to browse through the subfora.