AmblesideOnline Forums
Master Booklist - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Master Booklist (/showthread.php?tid=50372)

Master Booklist - Rhetorical - 11-08-2022

Is the master booklist up-to-date?  I'm looking at Y7 and I don't see Bede's Ecclesiastical History of the English people?  I usually use the master list for purchasing, but should I go off the schedule instead?  

Thanks!

RE: Master Booklist - CrazyMama - 11-08-2022

It is up to date as far as  I know.  Bede's Ecclesiastical History is listed on the booklist on the website without a link to a physical book or a kindle book, it just has a link to the source to read online or to listen to online for free:

Bede's Ecclesiastical History of the English People Ω [18]

It is short and it is a primary source document.  As you go up in the AO years there are more and more primary source documents and a lot of them are not actually a book and would not be listed on the master booklist, but are listed on the booklist for the year that you can print out if you want to physical copy, I just have my students read it online or for some of them like the poetry for Year 7 we listen to it online.

Master Booklist - MaryFrances - 11-08-2022

(11-08-2022, 06:51 AM)Rhetorical Wrote: Is the master booklist up-to-date?  I'm looking at Y7 and I don't see Bede's Ecclesiastical History of the English people?  I usually use the master list for purchasing, but should I go off the schedule instead?  

Thanks!

Yes, I would start looking at the year’s booklist. Once you are in Yr 9 and up you are expected to pick and choose between the books and not use them all. And I find that I do that some even in YR 7 and 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Master Booklist - Rhetorical - 11-10-2022

Thanks! I feel like a newbie again going into form III. ?

RE: Master Booklist - lklivingston - 11-10-2022

(11-10-2022, 03:19 AM)Rhetorical Wrote: Thanks!  I feel like a newbie again going into form III.  ?

Form III represents a huge change in how you use the booklist, so it's a learning curve for all of us.

Master Booklist - HongsAtHome - 11-12-2022

I’ve just been through the website and the master booklist to put together an order for Year 7. Bede is on the master booklist, but not on the main tab. If you look at the bottom of the excel sheet, you will see a number of tabs. Bede is on the page for speeches/documents/etc. You should also note that free reads for Year7 and up have their own sheet.

RE: Master Booklist - lklivingston - 04-07-2023

The recent changes to science have now been made on the Master Booklist out on Google Drive.  If you see any errors on this list, please note them in the Typos thread in Tech Support here.  (It's pinned to the top of that area.)