AmblesideOnline Forums
We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! (/showthread.php?tid=51327)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! - Donna-Jean - 03-28-2023

- to “Spiritual Formation” and “Citizenship” -

Why are we doing this?

The world has changed in just a few years, and so many issues have evolved. As a result, some of our worldview books are no longer current. They were dealing with issues that mattered eight years ago, but the world is rapidly changing and we want AmblesideOnline students to be prepared for the world that's out there right now (rather than fifteen years ago) and ready to live in that world.

This is for Years 7-12.

We've changed the titles: "Devotional" is now "Spiritual Formation" (and "Bible" is now a separate category), and "Worldview" is now "Citizenship."

For the “Spiritual Formation” books, we have added some inspirational missionary biographies. We've also increased the impact of the other books by highlighting just one or two per year. We have added one current book that's written by a contemporary (Jackie Hill Perry) yet is still doctrinally sound. Thus, AO's position hasn't changed, we've merely found a new voice to add to our timeless classic books.

"Citizenship" includes Ourselves, Plutarch, Worldview, Government and Economics, and Current Events. You can find all of those subjects in this category.

A few more important notes:
-Some of the books on the now “old” list in these categories are still included in the “new” list as “optional” or as “free reads” in other years.
-For those of you who wish to still use the old booklists and schedules, they will remain available on our website through the 2023-2024 school year.
-And Always, Always, ALWAYS, be sure to check our Footnotes.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! - audreygreer - 03-28-2023

Exciting! Thank you for this labor of love!

RE: We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! - MaggieAnnie - 03-28-2023

Wooo, Thank you for all the work!
And perfect timing as this is my planning week!

RE: We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! - Lossy - 03-28-2023

I love love love th addition of missionary biographies! Thank you so much for all you do!

We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! - MaryFrances - 03-28-2023

I am excited to see this! Thank you for all your hard work. I had already been adding biographies for spiritual formation and they are often among my teens favorite books each term. Seeing what you all have chosen given me a better idea of how much to assign to balance biography vs. theology.

RE: We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! - katem7146 - 03-28-2023

Thank you for the update! Where would I find the old book lists and schedules. I am new around here, but just curious to see the old options that were used. Thank you!

RE: We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! - lklivingston - 03-28-2023

(03-28-2023, 09:32 AM)katem7146 Wrote: Thank you for the update! Where would I find the old book lists and schedules. I am new around here, but just curious to see the old options that were used. Thank you!
They are linked from the booklist. I also loaded the old charts to a thread in Resources here.

RE: We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! - Zoo Keeper - 03-28-2023

Wonderful additions!

Even better because I already own most of them! ;)

RE: We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! - Lizzie Smith - 03-28-2023

It's so good to see these updates, in particular the addition of Jackie Hill Perry's book. I had already decided my teens would need to read this, and having this laid out as part of the program is much appreciated. Thank you all ever so much.

RE: We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! - busyncmama - 03-28-2023

(03-28-2023, 09:35 AM)lklivingston Wrote: They are linked from the booklist. I also loaded the old charts to a thread in Resources here.

I cannot locate the old booklists.