AmblesideOnline Forums
emails for forum subscriptions - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: emails for forum subscriptions (/showthread.php?tid=51573)

emails for forum subscriptions - val_aggie - 04-19-2023

Hello, dumb question coming your way... How do I get emails from forums I've subscribed to? I'm usually on my phone, but I've even resorted to looking on my desktop to no avail. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious!
Thank you

RE: emails for forum subscriptions - EchoOfJoy - 04-19-2023

This is funny, because I was wondering how to turn off email notifications for subscribed forums! LOL I wonder if there used to be a setting where you could opt in or out of emails, and now that setting isn't available anymore? Because the forums I've been subscribed to longer don't send me emails, but the recently subscribed ones do, and I can't find a place to change it either way. Maybe someone will rescue us both with a setting we've missed!

emails for forum subscriptions - lklivingston - 04-19-2023

Go to User CP (top left).
Go to Edit Options (under Your Profile on the left).
Change the Default Thread Subscription Mode.[Image: 2a1971f69eacc82df687af0fc8df0961.jpg][Image: 9008e9c73a69aabeb49d0dc12233ca90.jpg][Image: fd5a7527c0257c84b776a4decae5e18a.jpg]

These are your options.[Image: 0ed95450e5631903e43185b8baea0756.jpg]

But does that work for forum subscriptions or only threads? I have that option set to no emails, and I don't get emails for subscribed threads (exactly as I wish). But I do get emails for the forums I've recently subscribed to, and I don't see where to change that.

These are forums you subscribed to while that setting was on No Email?

Yes. And I've never gotten notifications for threads, only for new posts in some of my subscribed forums.

I'm sorry if I inadvertantly hijacked your post, val_Aggie. Hopefully the issues are related and you'll benefit as well!

RE: emails for forum subscriptions - Phyllis - 04-20-2023

Subscribed forums automatically send emails, if you check in on the forum regularly.

There's not a way to turn that off. (Sorry.) If it really bothers you, you should have a way to set those emails to sort right into your trash. Or you can sabotage the email address in your profile here. But then you wouldn't get any emails from the forum.

If you're wanting to get emails and aren't: check that they're not going into your spam or something. Make sure that the email address in your forum profile is right. Sign into the forum itself in your browser, not Tapatalk.

RE: emails for forum subscriptions - EchoOfJoy - 04-20-2023

Thanks for all the info, ladies! For me, it's no big deal. I just found it curious that my older subscribed forums don't send emails and the newer ones do. I imagine it would be more important to start getting emails if you aren't. Appreciate the help!

RE: emails for forum subscriptions - Lani - 04-20-2023

(04-20-2023, 01:03 AM)EchoOfJoy Wrote: Thanks for all the info, ladies! For me, it's no big deal. I just found it curious that my older subscribed forums don't send emails and the newer ones do. I imagine it would be more important to start getting emails if you aren't. Appreciate the help!

Maybe unsubscribe for a day and then resubscribe?