AmblesideOnline Forums
WARNING: Tapatalk Ads - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: WARNING: Tapatalk Ads (/showthread.php?tid=55604)

WARNING: Tapatalk Ads - lklivingston - 07-02-2024

If you are using Tapatalk to access the forum, or especially if your teen is using Tapatalk to access the forum, you should pay attention to the ads.  For some users, the ads have become extremely inappropriate and hard to avoid.  What you see may not be the same as what your teen sees.  We have no control over the ads.

Many people use the forum on a phone or other smaller device using a browser.  Once you get used to it, it's not too difficult.  
We do hope to have a mobile-friendly template available for the forum in a few weeks.
Tapatalk has a paid option that lets you avoid ads.  We are not affiliated with Tapatalk and do not benefit financially from this, but this option might help you in the interim.

WARNING: Tapatalk Ads - mom2cka - 07-02-2024

Yes! Today I started getting inappropriate ads on TapTalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: WARNING: Tapatalk Ads - Sammie2 - 07-02-2024

Oh no! I almost exclusively read the forum on my phone through a browser without problems.

RE: WARNING: Tapatalk Ads - MaryEllen - 07-02-2024

(07-02-2024, 07:10 AM)Sammie2 Wrote: Oh no! I almost exclusively read the forum on my phone through a browser without problems.

So do I.

WARNING: Tapatalk Ads - lastflicker - 07-02-2024

Yes, I've gotten some pretty nasty ads recently.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

RE: WARNING: Tapatalk Ads - Friederike - 07-03-2024

I thought about it. I think i even downloaded it but never used it.

RE: WARNING: Tapatalk Ads - audreygreer - 07-03-2024

Thank you for the warning! I got inappropriate ads too but I just scrolled past. I wouldn’t let a child use it. Now I like to use the internet browser on my phone or computer to access the forum. For one thing, liking posts doesn’t seem to work on Tapatalk, and sometimes the Tapatalk app tends to freeze up. (But maybe that’s because I have an old phone).

RE: WARNING: Tapatalk Ads - Rampion - 07-05-2024

(07-03-2024, 03:07 PM)audreygreer Wrote: Thank you for the warning! I got inappropriate ads too but I just scrolled past. I wouldn’t let a child use it. Now I like to use the internet browser on my phone or computer to access the forum. For one thing, liking posts doesn’t seem to work on Tapatalk, and sometimes the Tapatalk app tends to freeze up. (But maybe that’s because I have an old phone).

Tapatalk does freeze up sometimes, especially while loading a thread, and the like button is known to be broken. One of Tapatalk's updates broke it a while back.
The ads are sometimes popup ads now, too, that force you to watch for a few seconds before you can skip it.