AmblesideOnline Forums
Day of Prayer following Hurricane Helene - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Day of Prayer following Hurricane Helene (/showthread.php?tid=56626)

Day of Prayer following Hurricane Helene - Donna-Jean - 10-01-2024

Join us today - for an AO Day of Prayer. We'd like to focus on our AO Community in the path - and aftermath - of Hurricane Helene. It's been heartbreaking to see the devastation, and we at AmblesideOnline want to lift this entire area in prayer. 

Feel free to post your prayers here, your current status (if you are impacted, or you know others who are), and suggestions for how to help. 

If you've been affected by the storm, know that we are praying, we are deeply concerned for you and yours, and we hope you stay focused on your safety. School of any kind is secondary. But when you do need to start to think about that, remember AO's HELP plan, first created after Hurricane Katrina, to be an anchor in the sea of chaos that follows hard times. 

Albrecht Durer's Praying Hands is not just this term's art - it's a powerful reminder. We look to Jesus right now - and we pray for all of you who have been affected by this. Lord, we ask - and we keep on asking, in Your Name!

RE: Day of Prayer following Hurricane Helene - Jessie - 10-01-2024

I am praying. I tend to have a (bad?) habit of picking up ambleside books when I see them inexpensively. I would love to send some out to families who may need replacements when the time for that comes.

RE: Day of Prayer following Hurricane Helene - Lani - 10-01-2024

We should repost and highlight the Emergency Plan too.

I know it is mentioned... but as its own post here and other locations.

RE: Day of Prayer following Hurricane Helene - CottageSchool - 10-01-2024

(10-01-2024, 06:47 AM)Jessie Wrote: I am praying. I tend to have a (bad?) habit of picking up ambleside books when I see them inexpensively. I would love to send some out to families who may need replacements when the time for that comes.

That is a great idea.

I am in central North Carolina and everything is fine here. My family and friends in Western NC are doing okay. Our close friends will be out of power for maybe at least 2 weeks and son is out of school for at least 2 weeks. They have plenty of food but had a little bit of a nervous time when it took them 3 hours to find a route to get to Grandma's house to make sure she was okay and bring her to their house. Their daughter's boyfriend's family completely lost their restaurant. Neighbors with children at Appalachian State University have picked them up and they are okay. My family in Franklin, NC is okay.

And our church's summer camp, Camp Linn Haven in Newland, NC has been flooded.

RE: Day of Prayer following Hurricane Helene - Rondalyno - 10-01-2024

Father, we pray for all those affected by this storm system, especially those who experience flooding and wind damage. Comfort and provide for those who have lost property. Please give peace and hope to those who have lost loved ones - bring Your servants alongside to encourage and to mourn. We also pray for the utilities and public service and other personnel, that you will protect them as they work under stressful and sometimes unsafe circumstances, and that you will sustain them and give them energy and wisdom that they may be able to restore power and other services more quickly than anticipated. We know that You are Sovereign, and we know that You care for Your creation, especially man in whom You placed Your own image. We ask these things knowing Your goodness and grace, and in the name of Jesus who exemplifies Your love, amen.