AmblesideOnline Forums
New AO Geography Topics! - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: New AO Geography Topics! (/showthread.php?tid=6448)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: New AO Geography Topics! - Friederike - 07-06-2013

So any practical ways how to schedule those? Once a week or every other ideas? Thanks Friederike

RE: New AO Geography Topics! - Friederike - 07-06-2013

Also is it best to do it w/ each child by themselves or combine it as a family? My dc are 2 years aprt in age. Thanks Friederike

New AO Geography Topics! - laurke - 07-06-2013

I would start at the earliest topic you haven't incidentally covered and do it together. The intent of spreading the books out like they did was so it would be easy to discuss sometime during the terms. To make sure you don't forget, you could schedule it monthly alongside a geography read or add it on a weekend, even.

RE: New AO Geography Topics! - Amy Jo Hines - 07-07-2013

I'm also still wondering if we should just do it together, since I will have two nearer the top than the bottom.

RE: New AO Geography Topics! - andretam - 07-07-2013

Newbie here. What books are you talking about? I looked for "Charlotte Mason Geography" on Gutenberg but found nothing. Does anyone know the exact title of this or the "Long" book? Thanks for any help, and thank you to the AO team for this great site!!

RE: New AO Geography Topics! - Annie HL - 07-07-2013

(07-07-2013, 02:30 AM)andretam Wrote: Newbie here. What books are you talking about? I looked for "Charlotte Mason Geography" on Gutenberg but found nothing. Does anyone know the exact title of this or the "Long" book? Thanks for any help, and thank you to the AO team for this great site!!

Welcome to the Forum, andretam!
You will find some of the information you seek on this page on the AO website. The Mason book is entitled Elementary Geography and can be found here. The "Long book" :) is entitled Home Geography for Primary Grades and it is by C.C. Long. It can be found online here.

RE: New AO Geography Topics! - RaggedyPrincess - 07-11-2013

This is awesome. I have been reading through CM's Volume 1, and when I read through the Geography section, I liked it so much. I just didn't know how to go about leading my DCs in an age-appropriate quest! Thank you! And for the links too, Annie HL :-) . I've got them both downloaded on my iPad's Kindle app.

RE: New AO Geography Topics! - Paula Jean - 07-12-2013

Wow! I wish I would have seen this before completing my plans for the year. I have Voskamp's Geography 1 on schedule.

I like the spread throughout the grades.

RE: New AO Geography Topics! - michelle dawn - 07-13-2013

Ann Voskamp's Geography book is scheduled for science, (earth science, etc) even though she wrote is as a geography book.

You can still go both! The scheduled topics should only take a bit of time, say during nature study or outside time. If my understanding is correct, the books don't even have to be read. CM thought these topics could be learned simply by the mother discussing with the child.... am I right?

RE: New AO Geography Topics! - LeslieNoelani - 07-13-2013

(07-13-2013, 01:12 AM)michelle dawn Wrote: The scheduled topics should only take a bit of time, say during nature study or outside time. If my understanding is correct, the books don't even have to be read. CM thought these topics could be learned simply by the mother discussing with the child.... am I right?

Yes, you are right. :)