2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration
Announcements/RE: 2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration
(06-18-2015, 11:03 AM)WendiC Wrote: The main thing is that we have to pay a janitor ten dollars an hour for the entire time we are in the building, and I can't leave until everybody leaves.  So I'm not sure about Friday night after wrap up.  Possibly 2-ish on Friday?  I think we'll be there already to set up and get the tables ready and so forth. 

2ish works for me! I will be the one ecstatically leaping across the parking lot with aluminum pans, eggs, oil and enough brownie mix for a hundred people! Wohoo!!
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys that are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
The following 5 users Like Primeperiwinkle's post:
  • clay1416, Dawn Rhymer, laurke, MelisaH, michelle dawn
For those of us who can't make it, can we please request for a video-recording of the talks, if any?
The following 1 user Likes eldarwen's post:
  • phoebebopeep
(06-18-2015, 12:22 PM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: 2ish works for me! I will be the one ecstatically leaping across the parking lot with aluminum pans, eggs, oil and enough brownie mix for a hundred people! Wohoo!!

The parking lot is across the street.  There are a few parking spaces by the church building- how about you park right outside the door until we help you get those things unloaded?=)
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
The following 1 user Likes WendiC's post:
  • MelisaH
(06-19-2015, 12:35 AM)eldarwen Wrote: For those of us who can't make it, can we please request for a video-recording of the talks, if any?

WE have a volunteer who has generously offered to try and make that that happen for us.  I am so amazed I am not yet able to completely believe in our good fortune, so I am afraid to promise.  But that is our goal, and there are good people who know what they are doing who are volunteering their time and energy to make that happen.
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
The following 6 users Like WendiC's post:
  • Amanda Hall, eldarwen, HeatherEllen, laurke, phoebebopeep, Roxanne
(06-19-2015, 07:49 AM)WendiC Wrote: The parking lot is across the street.  There are a few parking spaces by the church building- how about you park right outside the door until we help you get those things unloaded?=)

Ok, that sounds good too. :)
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys that are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
(06-18-2015, 12:22 PM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: 2ish works for me! I will be the one ecstatically leaping across the parking lot with aluminum pans, eggs, oil and enough brownie mix for a hundred people! Wohoo!!

I was going to offering my stirring expertise...but I realized the time change between Chicago and Remington is going to get me there an hour later. However, I can still help clean if I get there in time.
Dawn, Georgia
"Knowledge is love and light and vision."  Helen Keller
Blogging at the CMER Blog.
(06-19-2015, 01:13 PM)Dawn Girl Wrote: I was going to offering my stirring expertise...but I realized the time change between Chicago and Remington is going to get me there an hour later. However, I can still help clean if I get there in time.

Um, thank you! That is nice. However, I am slightly a control freak of possibly epic proportions who might possibly be freaking out about brownies, mixing, supplies, oven temperature, aluminum pans or what-have-you at that approximate time and wouldn't want to accidentally start yelling at any helpful people who may or may not be passing through... So... Um.

I'll just hug you at the conference! ;)
Katie
The following 1 user Likes Primeperiwinkle's post:
  • Dawn Duran
Announcements/2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration
Thank you to the anonymous volunteer! I hope the recording works out!
Ariana
2nd generation homeschooler, part-time veterinarian, Coast Guard wife, and full-time mama to 14 yo boy, 10 yo girl, and 8 yo girl.
(06-19-2015, 07:52 AM)WendiC Wrote: WE have a volunteer who has generously offered to try and make that that happen for us.  I am so amazed I am not yet able to completely believe in our good fortune, so I am afraid to promise.  But that is our goal, and there are good people who know what they are doing who are volunteering their time and energy to make that happen.

Send my gratitude to that anonymous volunteer, Hopefully things work out! I'm in Singapore so obviously I can't make it. :-(
(06-19-2015, 01:13 PM)Dawn Girl Wrote: ...but I realized the time change between Chicago and Remington is going to get me there an hour later. However, I can still help clean if I get there in time.

Remington is in Jasper County which is on Central Time, the same time as Chicago. I live in Indiana and I didn't know that until someone else asked earlier in this post (or another one about the conference). I hadn't known what county Remington was in.

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/us/indiana-time.html

Do other states have as messed up time zones and time history as Indiana? Most of my life Indiana was not observing DST until 2006. There was a debate about whether we should be in Eastern or Central. The IN government chose Eastern except for a few counties. Then the federal Dept of Transportation stepped in and changed which time zones some of the counties were. I think DST is kind of silly myself but I also feel IN is too far west for Eastern. (OK, mini-rant over.)
Whitney
DH (36 years), Ivy 17yo dd in Y12, and two grown daughters
The following 2 users Like cobweb's post:
  • MelisaH, WendiC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Registration is OPEN! Phyllis 103 513,439 11-17-2018, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Barb Gifford
  [emoji106]#AOCM2019 Registration open again! Donna-Jean 5 39,877 11-03-2018, 12:15 AM
Last Post: Lani
  #AOCM2019 Registration to continue Donna-Jean 0 15,853 11-02-2018, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Donna-Jean
  Registration to Re-Open for #AOCM2019 at 6 pm Central Time! Donna-Jean 16 94,276 11-02-2018, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Dawn Duran
  Christmas Break 2015 LeslieNoelani 2 47,150 12-18-2015, 02:33 PM
Last Post: phoebebopeep
  Forum Maintenance - November 2015 MelisaH 8 119,478 11-10-2015, 02:14 AM
Last Post: COMama
  Thank you to all who made the 2015 At Home retreat complete and special KarenG 3 62,163 08-02-2015, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Megan Hoyt
  AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home' Jeanne Webb 65 905,997 07-08-2015, 05:57 AM
Last Post: NaomiG
  Forum Update June 2015 MelisaH 1 38,383 06-11-2015, 07:32 AM
Last Post: jmoore2001us@yahoo.com