AO Book Bag? AO Coffee Mug?
Announcements/RE: AO Book Bag? AO Coffee Mug?
Katie, I'm thinking I should come and bring a whole suitcase of red-dye laden sugar so we can enjoy your commentary the whole time ;)
Becky in Kenya
Blessed Wife, Mommy of Five (18, 17, 14, 11, & 8)
The following 6 users Like Beckly's post:
  • AmberLea, Brandy Vencel, Dawn Duran, GoodQueenBess, Lizzie Smith, michelle dawn
(06-19-2015, 04:48 PM)islavet Wrote: I love the quote you chose! Can't someone have them at the Northwest conference too? Anyone want to volunteer to mail them out (for paid shipping, of course)?

PM me, I am going and I could probably bring a few back. 
Kathy W.~Northwest by North
"The teacher who allows his scholars the freedom of the city of books is at liberty to be their guide, philosopher and friend; and is no long the mere instrument of forcible intellectual feeding."
Vol. 6
The following 1 user Likes Kathy W.'s post:
  • MaggieAnnie
The totebag will be better than the image appears- it went through several computers to get to you and the resolution isn't great. The totebag is.

The coffee cup will be even better, but it will not be fine china. It will be a mug. It's going to be GORGEOUS. But I don't have a picture yet. Take it on faith, it's purty.
I'm trying to get the picture, as we speak, but.... stuff. Complications everywhere.
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
Do you know when the ordering deadline is? I really want one but lacking in extra funds at the current moment ...darn you old books!
Second generation homeschooler and mom to L (13) and JM (11) and N (8) and JN(5).
[url=http://brcbanter.blogspot.com/][/url]
The following 2 users Like BRC_MacKenzie's post:
  • Amy Jo Hines, NorthLaurel
(06-20-2015, 08:25 AM)BRC_MacKenzie Wrote: Do you know when the ordering deadline is?

I think it's July 1.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 1 user Likes LeslieNoelani's post:
  • BRC_MacKenzie
(06-19-2015, 02:29 PM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: ETA#3: Do NOT bring me candy at the retreat. In 14 hours I will be depressed and maudlin. :-(

To what degree are brownies different than candy?
Dawn, Georgia
"Knowledge is love and light and vision."  Helen Keller
Blogging at the CMER Blog.
The following 5 users Like Dawn Rhymer's post:
  • DaughterofEve, HillaryJ, Lizzie Smith, MelisaH, michelle dawn
(06-20-2015, 01:26 PM)Dawn Girl Wrote: To what degree are brownies different than candy?

I can't quite explain all of it but I'll try. When I quit smoking many years ago I immediately went to gummy bears, then gummy worms. At the time I did not know the effects red dye had on me. All I knew was that chewy candy made me happy - as long as I kept eating them. When I stopped eating candy it was a different story. At one point I could eat five or six bags of gummy bears a day and not notice. Chewy candy like sour patch kids or starburst still have the same effect on me BUT now that I am fully aware of my body's response to red dye #40 I do not buy it. Candy is to me what alcohol is to an alcoholic. Incidentally, when I used to drink I was happy too.

Red dye effects me in very specific ways, first I get really really happy, then a kind of hyper clarity and high level of ambition/aggression. Next I get goal oriented, then anxious, irritable or like I'm having a panic attack. It's strange because I can think through it but it still happens and I want to hide. Unless I can sleep through some of that. The next day I'm just sad, no matter what, for about four hours. Then I'm fine again. Weird right?

Back to your question. Brownies aren't chewy and they don't have red dye. Unlike gummy bears or sour patch kids I can mostly control myself in their presence. So, although I will be making, and baking lots of brownies, I probably will only have one, if they even come out well. :)
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys that are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
The following 2 users Like Primeperiwinkle's post:
  • Janice, MelisaH
(06-20-2015, 02:24 PM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: Back to your question. Brownies aren't chewy and they don't have red dye. Unlike gummy bears or sour patch kids I can mostly control myself in their presence. So, although I will be making, and baking lots of brownies, I probably will only have one, if they even come out well. :)

Katie,

I was just trying to be silly but failed miserably in the potential sterility of forum communication. However, thank you for your honest answer. I'm looking forward to sharing a brownie together.
Dawn, Georgia
"Knowledge is love and light and vision."  Helen Keller
Blogging at the CMER Blog.
The following 2 users Like Dawn Rhymer's post:
  • MelisaH, rachelrw
(06-20-2015, 02:29 PM)Dawn Girl Wrote: Katie,

I was just trying to be silly but failed miserably in the potential sterility of forum communication. However, thank you for your honest answer. I'm looking forward to sharing a brownie together.

Oh! My bad! I was trying to be all open and honest and didnt realize! I'm sorry too!

I'm starting to reconsider all my silly threads.. Big hug! I can't wait to share brownies with everyone too. [cheesy grin]
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys that are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
The following 1 user Likes Primeperiwinkle's post:
  • lklivingston
I thought it was interesting and it gives me some answers about a family member. Providence, perhaps? ;)

(Sent from my K-Fire via Tapatalk)
The following 7 users Like MelisaH's post:
  • Amy Jo Hines, Brandy Vencel, COMama, Janice, laurke, Primeperiwinkle, RiverBaggins

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our book is here! Donna-Jean 13 11,306 10-18-2023, 05:11 AM
Last Post: heddsomewhere
  Our new book! Donna-Jean 13 12,051 10-13-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Zoo Keeper
  Living Book Press discount code lklivingston 0 6,306 03-25-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  A new kind of Plutarch book AnneWhite 25 83,272 09-16-2021, 09:30 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  #ao20years Coffee with the Advisory and Auxiliary lklivingston 11 39,104 07-12-2021, 10:51 AM
Last Post: JCE
  A New Book Buying Option for AO Users! LeslieNoelani 7 30,598 03-28-2021, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Subversive Gardener