Beta Testers Wanted: Grid Schedules
Announcements/Beta Testers Wanted: Grid Schedules
I would like to move the grid schedules into Google Sheets to make it easier for us to update them (only one format to update each time instead of three) and for you all to access them.  But before I make that change for all the schedules, I want to be sure it really works for people!

I've moved a few of the charts over already, and I'd like people to access them.  I have some questions:
* Can you edit them at the link I provide?  (I hope the answer is 'no.')
* Can you copy them to your own account and edit them there?
* Can you print them? 
* How do they look when you print them straight from the link I provide?

And of course any other feedback you'd like to offer.

Year 2

Year 4

Year 4 Basic

Year 6

Year 9
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 3 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • Amanda*Kind, phoebebopeep, Prophetmother
Announcements/RE: Beta Testers Wanted: Grid Schedules
Is there a reason these need to be in Google? I hate google and never use it if I can help it... I don't like having to have a google account to do anything connected to google.. so without signing into a google account I can't see these.
Lani
mom to 6 (4 graduates and 2 high schoolers)

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
The following 5 users Like Lani's post:
  • Colby1, DaughterofEve, Mfbell, MichelleDee, whisperingoak
(09-20-2015, 05:51 AM)lklivingston Wrote: * Can you edit them at the link I provide?  (I hope the answer is 'no.')
* Can you print them? 

Year 6
I checked Year 6.
1. I could not edit from the link.
2. I could copy it to my own account and edit there.
3. I can print it but have to definitely edit to correct formatting issues (as noted below).
4. Formatting is messed up in the sense that a couple of the rows of the table are pushed down onto the next page.

Hope this helps you!
Amanda :)
The following 1 user Likes Amanda Hall's post:
  • lklivingston
(09-20-2015, 06:03 AM)Lani Wrote: Is there a reason these need to be in Google?  I hate google and never use it if I can help it...  I don't like having to have a google account to do anything connected to google..  so without signing into a google account I can't see these.

Lani, only those with a google account can access these?
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Lani, can you not download without an account? That should be possible. I will check on my PC later.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
You didn't ask for this, but I downloaded from Google Drive to an .odt file so that I could see what it looked like in Open Office. The formatting was worse then, but it seems to be a matter of merged cells not carrying through.
Mary Frances
mom to David (Age 17, YR11), Grant (Age 14, YR8) and Lucy (Age 13, YR8) and Ella (Age 6, YR 1)
The following 1 user Likes MaryFrances's post:
  • lklivingston
The merged cells are a problem for downloading. When I uploaded from Open Office, I had to do a lot of cleaning up when there were very many merged cells. Maybe it would be easier not to merge them. . .
Kathy 
I just tried accessing the files without being logged in to Google. I could view them and download them in a variety of formats. The pdf format displayed just fine. The Open Office format did have trouble with the merged cells, but it looked like it would be pretty easy to fix (unlike the problems going from Open Office to Google, alas).
Kathy 
* Can you edit them at the link I provide?  (I hope the answer is 'no.')
* Can you print them?  

Year 2

I could not edit Y2 from the link you provided
I could copy and edit
I printed them straight from the site and it worked great.

Extra:  I also edited the copies and printed and that worked fine as well

Thanks,
Terri in TX
11yo dd Y6
6yo ds Y1
The following 1 user Likes terrib15's post:
  • lklivingston
Having to fix formatting of cells isnt an easy fix for many of us... 
Lani
mom to 6 (4 graduates and 2 high schoolers)

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
The following 2 users Like Lani's post:
  • MelisaH, whisperingoak

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Year 7 and 8 Lite Weekly Schedules LeslieNoelani 14 159,908 07-20-2017, 11:28 AM
Last Post: signsing