NEW! Madame How and Lady Why
Announcements/NEW! Madame How and Lady Why
Before we shut down for the holidays, we would like to offer you a surprise Christmas present. This will be of special interest to those with students in Years Four and Five, but others may find it useful as well. Several years ago, we added study notes for those reading Charles Kingsley's book Madam How and Lady Why. Advisory member Anne White has updated and expanded those notes, and has also edited the text to remove certain Kingsleyisms that have concerned current readers. The book has been divided into two sections: the first half, for Year Four, is titled A Walk Through the Glen, and can be read online HERE. The second half, titled Further Afield, can be read HERE.

These studies, like the Plutarch studies, are free for the use of the AO community. Like the Plutarch studies, though, they take many pages to print out. For those who prefer the convenience of a print or e-book format, those are on their way too. They should be available on Amazon in the new year.

In the meantime, we hope that you enjoy the old/new books online!
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Amazing! Thank you Anne!
Wife, Mama, Moved to Town ["Wesley, get off the bridge."]  , I Love AO, Jesus, Homeopathy.
As of 2021/22, my girls are graduated, 17 (Y11), 14 (Y8) & 12 (Y6). And the boy is 7(Y2).

The following 1 user Likes Linz{at}home's post:
  • AnneWhite
SO excited to see this! Thank you!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
The following 1 user Likes hosanna's post:
  • AnneWhite
Announcements/RE: NEW! Madame How and Lady Why
Thank you. We will be starting our first time through year four in January so this is wonderful timing.

Do you know if they become available on Book depository? It has free postage to Australia.
The following 1 user Likes Salamanca's post:
  • Peacock
(12-18-2019, 08:03 AM)Salamanca Wrote: Thank you.  We will be starting our first time through year four in January so this is wonderful timing.

Do you know if they become available on Book depository? It has free postage to Australia.

They will be sold through Amazon.
Anne White, Southern Ontario
My book page at Amazon
The following 3 users Like AnneWhite's post:
  • Jennifer Larnder Gagnon, Mariel, Mscott07
Wow, thank you!
Julie
daughter in year 9
(twin) sons year 5, daughter year 2
Wow. This is amazing! Thank you!
[!] [!] and we just finished Y5!!! [Seriously? You've got to be kidding me...] [!] [!]
~DaughterofEve~ (alias Jess)
Fully responsible; fully redeemed

You come of the Lord Adam & the Lady Eve, said Aslan, that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, & shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth. Be content.

The following 2 users Like DaughterofEve's post:
  • AnneWhite, Subversive Gardener
This is wonderful timing for us! I'm planning year 4 next week and we are starting in January. Thank you!
~Beth

Living in Michigan and enjoying our homeschooling journey with a Y0 and Y3.
The books are available now, along with the online versions. They're all linked from the Year 4 and 5 pages.
Anne White, Southern Ontario
My book page at Amazon