AO's Acceptable Use License
Announcements/RE: AO's Acceptable Use License
What I did on my blog, is post my Canadian changes... so I'd put a link to the AO year, then say we took out this book and that book, and added this and that one. Similar with my schedules.... just the changes...

Other areas of the blog I might mention an AO book here and there, but more like... 'Delta is sure loving Robin Hood, he is out looking for the sheriff in his play'....
AO - Canadian Style - Maplehill Academy
Delta 15-other; Echo 12-other; Foxtrot 10-yr4; Golf 8-yr1
"My Dear, much of the work in this world is done by people who don't feel so very well." - Karen Andreola
The following 3 users Like suzukimom's post:
  • Brandy Vencel, Lani, MelisaH
(08-04-2013, 03:57 AM)Brandy Vencel Wrote: Oh, I meant to post this as an example of a post in which I explained what we changed for a year of AO, but didn't repost the entire booklist: School Prep: AO Selections for the Less Bookish Child.

Brandy, that link didn't work for me.
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
(08-04-2013, 04:05 AM)WendiC Wrote: Brandy, that link didn't work for me.

Fixed! I fixed it in your comment, too...FYI.
Brandy Afterthoughts | Scholé Sisters
Co-Overseer of CM Study Hall (from Bible to PR Typing)
Moderator of General CM Series Discussion, PR Articles, and CM Co-ops and Schools
The following 1 user Likes Brandy Vencel's post:
  • WendiC
(08-04-2013, 04:13 AM)Brandy Vencel Wrote: I fixed it in your comment, too...FYI.

Wow! Talk about superpowers! [!]
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 2 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Amy Jo Hines, MelisaH
(08-04-2013, 04:17 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: Wow! Talk about superpowers! [!]

[Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]
Moderator of General CM Series Discussion, PR Articles, and CM Co-ops and Schools
The following 3 users Like Brandy Vencel's post:
  • LeslieNoelani, MelisaH, VanessaB
So basically, "Freely ye have received, freely give.". :). But give of your own labor, not someone else's. About right?
2nd-gen homeschooler learning alongside her children: Y11Y10, Y6, Y4, Y3
Moderator in Links and Downloads, Audiobooks/Ereaders/Ebooks, Form II/Years 4-6, and Literature.
The following 2 users Like Lizzie Smith's post:
  • Brandy Vencel, MelisaH
(08-04-2013, 04:43 AM)Lizzie Smith Wrote: So basically, "Freely ye have received, freely give.". :). But give of your own labor, not someone else's. About right?

Yes, about right. But I would add, give to us. We have a thriving AO community who can benefit from the labor right here.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 4 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • clay1416, KayPelham, Lizzie Smith, WendiC
Okay, I think I understand. I will probably model my post about my younger two sons on Brandy's post, actually. But my eldest son's might get a bit complicated for that, since I'm relying on three different pages (year 5, 6 and pre-7). I really do want to add more people to the AO boat. (I'm even more excited about this after my too-fast read of Norms & Nobility. AO is right on the mark.)

I will probably be mentioning more books when I post how things actually went. I see other homeschoolers, myself included, feeling inadequate because 'everyone else' does ABC and XYZ and everything in between. At the same time, I know I am guilty of posting our plans, but not a realistic picture of what got done and how it went. I'm committing to posting a lot more honestly about what we DID, and a lot less about what we could do.

Is there an accepted way to have more people use AO's affiliate links? I think in the past one could run into trouble by saying "click my links", but I can't remember if that was Amazon or Google Ads. I'd love to direct people to using AO's links.

Off to steal Brandy's button, in case the kids let me alone long enough for me to figure out how to upload & add it to my sidebar.
Amy, who wishes to be a hobbit :)
Two homeschool graduates (DS20, DS19)
Currently homeschooling (DS16, DD13)
The following 3 users Like Amy Jo Hines's post:
  • Brandy Vencel, MelisaH, zami
I love reading "what we didn't do" posts, Amy!
The following 6 users Like Brandy Vencel's post:
  • Christy Hissong, COMama, Lani, MelisaH, WendiC, zami