AO's Acceptable Use License
Announcements/RE: AO's Acceptable Use License
I guess the most basic way to put it is like this: if your intention is to share what you're doing and add to the AO community/conversation/forum, then it's fine. It's not fine to build your own user base by drawing AO users away from AO.

To expand on the potluck analogy, if you go home and blog and talk about this great potluck you went to and say what you ate there, and who you met and what you talked about, and which side dishes you liked and which ones were too salty, and where this potluck was - not a problem. But if you think to youself, "that's a great idea, but I'm Chinese, I'm going to take their menus and recipes, tweak them, and do a full seven course Chinese-flavored potluck of my own in my backyard," whether you charge admission or not, whether you say you got the idea from AO or not, you're not adding to AO, you're taking away from it. We get great ideas, resources and feedback from AO users, and we all benefit from the community.

To take it a step further (which is going way past your actual question), if someone liked the idea of doing a potluck, it would be more respectful for them to do their own research, create their own original menu and find their own recipes rather than tweaking AO's and re-posting it.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 3 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • jussiemariee, KayPelham, Mamaprepper

Messages In This Thread
AO's Acceptable Use License - by LeslieNoelani - 04-08-2013, 01:13 PM
RE: AO's Acceptable Use License - by tui_song - 05-19-2013, 12:06 PM
RE: AO's Acceptable Use License - by tui_song - 05-19-2013, 12:12 PM
RE: AO's Acceptable Use License - by Amy Jo Hines - 08-04-2013, 02:36 AM
RE: AO's Acceptable Use License - by LeslieNoelani - 08-04-2013, 03:34 AM
RE: AO's Acceptable Use License - by KayPelham - 08-04-2013, 03:54 AM
RE: AO's Acceptable Use License - by WendiC - 08-04-2013, 04:05 AM
RE: AO's Acceptable Use License - by WendiC - 08-04-2013, 04:02 AM
RE: AO's Acceptable Use License - by suzukimom - 08-04-2013, 04:02 AM