Subforum Changes
Announcements/Subforum Changes
The Large Families area of the forum has moved from the Family Dynamics section under AO Curriculum Help and is now in the Private area with a new name, Mothering Large Families.  If you are a mother of a large family (four or more children) or you are a mother who hopes to have a large family, please to to User CP (top left in a browser, not in Tapatalk) and look for Group Memberships on the left.  Then select Mothers of Large Families as the group you'd like to join.  (Look around for other groups you'd like to join also.)

Once you're added to that user group, you'll be able to see the Mothering Large Families area in the Private section.

We will soon be moving Only Children and Single Parent/Working Parent to the Private area also, so follow the same process to access those areas once they move.  (Except of course you'll be requesting access to a different user group for those.)
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 6 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • areliax, Janice, Purposeful Abnegation, Sammie2, ShannonS, Subversive Gardener
Announcements/RE: Subforum Changes
Only Children is now part of the Private area, so anyone interested in viewing and posting there should request access.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • GoodQueenBess
I don't see Only Children under Groups You Can Join yet, but I do see Mothers of Large Families.
Second Generation Homeschooler w/ one daughter, Year 4
and two daughters, one son, and at least three more babies in heaven.
https://awdowner.com
(01-30-2023, 11:49 AM)Sammie2 Wrote: I don't see Only Children under Groups You Can Join yet, but I do see Mothers of Large Families.

Thanks!  I had missed those two checkboxes.  It should show up now.  Can someone check?
Kathy 
I see "Only Children" as an option.
Living and learning in Southern Thailand with Mae (16 yo, Y11), ReeRee (14 yo, Y9), June (12 yo, Y7), Oen (10 yo, Y5), Calla (7 yo, Y1), Zωή (from womb to heaven Dec 2020), Jotham (1 yo)
Single Parent/Working Parent has also moved to the Private area.
Kathy 
All the posts in Schooling with Toddlers have been moved to Early/Year 0.
The Family Dynamics category is now gone from under AO Curriculum Help.  Combining Multiple Curriculum Years is now just one of the sections under AO Curriculum Help.

Only Children, Mothering Large Families, and Single Parent/Working Parent are private areas to which you must request access through User CP.  (If you have trouble with that, email aoforum@amblesideonline.org.)
Kathy 
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • Queen of Carrots
Can you clarify who is eligible for these new sub-forums? For example, if someone has more than one child, but only has one left at home, can they join the "only children group"? Thanks.
Linda in NC
(01-31-2023, 01:10 AM)busyncmama Wrote: Can you clarify who is eligible for these new sub-forums? For example, if someone has more than one child, but only has one left at home, can they join the "only children group"? Thanks.
We're pretty flexible. I would say "yes" to your question.
Kathy 
Today I am seeing posts for the 42 moms group, even though I have not requested access to that group.
Emily in Central WA
Mom to 4 boys (16yo, 15yo, 13yo, 8yo) and 2 little girls (10yo, 6yo)
AO Years 11, 10, 8, 5, 3 and 1