Registration is OPEN!
Announcements/RE: Registration is OPEN!
I just want to thank everyone in this lovely AO village for being patient with us today, as we hit the inevitable glitches and stumble through this daunting process. As I said somewhere earlier-- #volunteers #notprofessionals #allforlove. It has been a long, hard, frustrating, challenging, exhausting, stunning, delightful, exhilarating day for all of us on the registration team. We've been at this for 15 hours so far today--and we're starting to crack some really ridiculous jokes as we reel from brain fade! But your excitement for this retreat has given us joy and energy today. Thank you for so many kind words and prayers and encouragement! We cannot wait for April!
LADIES, PLEASE READ:

IF YOU PAID THROUGH PAYPAL BUT DID NOT FILL OUT AN INFORMATION FORM AND EMAIL IT TO AOCAMPMEETING@GMAIL.COM, YOU CANNOT BE REGISTERED.

WE CANNOT COMPLETE A REGISTRATION BASED ON A PAYPAL EMAIL!!!

Thanks. Not yelling, honest. Just making sure everyone sees this because we have a log full of incomplete registrations. And we want to go to sleep.
(11-02-2018, 03:06 AM)Shuttlenread Wrote: Yes to this! I meant to register earlier, but had a sick child and just didn't remember until mid-morning. We are finishing up term one of year one next week with my oldest, and I have so many questions! I was so looking forward to soaking in the AO atmosphere! I live an hour and a half away, and was excited that I would be able to go this year. Traveling much farther than that would not be an option. If there's any way to let locals come it would be amazing!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I started a CM group in Sumner County if that is closer to you.  We meet in Hendersonville for Park Days and are starting a discussion of CM's volume 6 too.
Lani
mom to 6 (4 graduates and 2 high schoolers)

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
The following 1 user Likes Lani's post:
  • WiMc
For anyone still wanting to register, there is still room in the bunkhouses!
Lani
mom to 6 (4 graduates and 2 high schoolers)

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
The following 4 users Like Lani's post:
  • AnneWhite, Donna-Jean, justNermari, LucyBeeH
As registration begins to slow down, I'm double checking registration emails, and I have to say -- this has got to be the best job of all. I've loved seeing the comments some of you left -- your excitement, thanks, and prayers for the retreat, and even offers to help.

I"m not going to keep these to myself -- I'll be sharing them with the rest of the AO Camp Meeting team to encourage them. Thank you all for your lovely notes! [Heart <3]
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Does anyone know if the kitchen at the camp will be able to accommodate special meals (specifically, gluten free)? I did try to contact the camp about two weeks ago but never received a response.
(11-04-2018, 02:47 PM)Bucksbeloved Wrote: Does anyone know if the kitchen at the camp will be able to accommodate special meals (specifically, gluten free)? I did try to contact the camp about two weeks ago but never received a response.
"Q7. Can I request special meals? 

A.The Dining Hall at Camp Garner Creek serves balanced meals with a salad bar. They do not provide options for those with special dietary restrictions. Campers may pack personal snacks as desired (there may be a couple of refrigerators accessible to campers as well). Those with a serious medical condition that requires dietary caution are welcome to contact camp chef Marilyn directly atcgcdininghall@gmail.com with the subject line "AO Camp Meeting."."

That sounds like the answer is "no." When you contacted the camp, was it via that email address?
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Bucksbeloved, when we initially posted the retreat announcement, we had been given the wrong contact information for the camp chef, Marilyn. She later provided us with correct information and we edited the announcement just a couple of days ago. Try this new contact information (or let us know if this is the address you tried already).

We honestly don't have an answer to your question because the chef requested that we have people contact her directly, as she said as a policy she "does not work with go-betweens." Understandable (safer for you and easier for us! LOL). Hope you get a response.
The following 1 user Likes LynnBruce's post:
  • Dawn Duran
(11-04-2018, 02:56 PM)lklivingston Wrote: "Q7. Can I request special meals? 

A.The Dining Hall at Camp Garner Creek serves balanced meals with a salad bar. They do not provide options for those with special dietary restrictions. Campers may pack personal snacks as desired (there may be a couple of refrigerators accessible to campers as well). Those with a serious medical condition that requires dietary caution are welcome to contact camp chef Marilyn directly atcgcdininghall@gmail.com with the subject line "AO Camp Meeting."."

That sounds like the answer is "no." When you contacted the camp, was it via that email address?

I got on the camp’s website and used the contact info posted there. (Not the one listed in AO’s FAQ’s)
(11-04-2018, 03:37 PM)LynnBruce Wrote: Bucksbeloved, when we initially posted the retreat announcement, we had been given the wrong contact information for the camp chef, Marilyn. She later provided us with correct information and we edited the announcement just a couple of days ago. Try this new contact information (or let us know if this is the address you tried already).

We honestly don't have an answer to your question because the chef requested that we have people contact her directly, as she said as a policy she "does not work with go-betweens." Understandable (safer for you and easier for us! LOL). Hope you get a response.

Thank you. I did use the email address listed on the “contact us” page on the Camp’s Website. I will try again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [emoji106]#AOCM2019 Registration open again! Donna-Jean 5 39,882 11-03-2018, 12:15 AM
Last Post: Lani
  #AOCM2019 Registration to continue Donna-Jean 0 15,855 11-02-2018, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Donna-Jean
  Registration to Re-Open for #AOCM2019 at 6 pm Central Time! Donna-Jean 16 94,287 11-02-2018, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Dawn Duran
  Forum is open Phyllis 6 60,909 01-04-2018, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration LeslieNoelani 37 532,728 06-20-2015, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Primeperiwinkle