Signatures getting cut off
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Signatures getting cut off
Has anyone else noticed this? I've noticed that a lot of signatures are getting cut off at the bottom of the posts. Is this a problem with my browser, or a forum issue?
Pearl (y2), Optimus (11/12), and Mochi (03/15) ~~~ Moderating Q&A, Math, and Health Challenges
“Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood.” -Fred Rogers
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Signatures getting cut off
(08-14-2012, 03:47 AM)harmonyml Wrote: Has anyone else noticed this? I've noticed that a lot of signatures are getting cut off at the bottom of the posts. Is this a problem with my browser, or a forum issue?

It's a forum change. We have a three-line signature limit (long signatures can get longer than the posts themselves, and can become a problem for forum viewing, especially when you're on a small device and have to manually scroll through to get to the next post), and we're trying figure out how to enforce that (a Private Message from a Moderator? Edit people's signatures for them? What if a member doesn't want to stay within the limits?)

We are playing with a way to have a pre-set limit fixed within the forum settings itself. I think we're liking the setting the way it is presently - it allows three lines - but we're finding that small devices (like my iTouch) only display two lines, and sometimes make a long line of text into two lines of text, effectively displaying only the first line of signatures.

Yet I think it's a complication we're willing to put up with so as not to have to deal with policing members' signatures, and creative people will find ways of getting their information to fit beautifully within the forum's limits.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 1 user Likes LeslieNoelani's post:
  • laurke
I went in to fix my signature from 3 lines to 2 and then the formatting for my font was showing up as part of my signature. So I deleted that and tried it with just the normal font. Now it will only show one line rather than the 2. What am I doing wrong?
Calleen Petersen
"When good men fail to do anything in service of their country evil will exist."
Looks like it fixed itself.
Calleen Petersen
"When good men fail to do anything in service of their country evil will exist."