Want to Connect With AO on Facebook?
Announcements/RE: Want to Connect With AO on Facebook?
(11-11-2015, 02:02 AM)Dawn Girl Wrote: That is the only reason I joined.  I put up every security option that was available, and I have no friends.  What a hoot when I was very seriously telling my husband in the kitchen, who has over 500 "friends", that I was not even going to be his friend.  My daughter, who had no idea of the context, cried out, "Mom, what are you saying!  How can you not be Daddy's friend?"

This is so funny.  I saw you on there today, and did a little happy dance.
The following 1 user Likes heathermarielee's post:
  • Dawn Rhymer
the post I see now at the top looks fine to me! I'm going to request you as a friend just so you can turn me down, lol
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
The following 3 users Like laurke's post:
  • COMama, Dawn Rhymer, phoebebopeep
(11-11-2015, 02:02 AM)Dawn Girl Wrote: That is the only reason I joined.  I put up every security option that was available, and I have no friends.  What a hoot when I was very seriously telling my husband in the kitchen, who has over 500 "friends", that I was not even going to be his friend.  My daughter, who had no idea of the context, cried out, "Mom, what are you saying!  How can you not be Daddy's friend?"

And I thought I was tough- my goal is to keep my friend's list down to 200 or fewer- preferably fewer. I'd really like to get it down to 150. And half of that is for grandbaby pictures.
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
The following 3 users Like WendiC's post:
  • Dawn Rhymer, phoebebopeep, Primeperiwinkle
Announcements/Want to Connect With AO on Facebook?
I intially joined the Facebook page and it honestly did help warm me up to the idea of joining a forum. So, it is doing it's job. admittedly, though, I'm considering unjoining (dejoining?) the Facebook page because it IS so transient. It gets a bit stressful! Even when there are good tidbits, I don't have a good enough way to save them for my own benefit later. I was resistant in the beginning, but the forum is, without a doubt, the better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~Ellen~

Wife of J, Mom of 5 kiddos: dd8, ds6, dd4, ds3, and dd1 in PA, USA

The following 9 users Like EllenM's post:
  • COMama, gabrielabocchini, juliebugg, laurke, MamaSnow, MaryFrances, MelisaH, phoebebopeep, WendiC
Just a reminder that you have to have your messages enabled to join the Facebook group! We are sending out welcome letters to keep down the spam (And give a heads-up to the few people who understandably think it's a page for Ambleside, England. ;) )

Although we haven't had any nasty links posted since we started doing this, and have really cut down on the moderating needed to keep the page 'clean', we sometimes get requests to join that are ignored because we never hear back- possibly because they don't check their messages. I really hate for people to miss out, who truly want to be in!
8 kids in AO years 2-11. After traveling fulltime for 3 years, we settled in Alabama.... for now! 
The following 3 users Like michelle dawn's post:
  • lklivingston, phoebebopeep, WendiC
(11-13-2015, 11:33 AM)michelle dawn Wrote: Although we haven't had any nasty links posted since we started doing this, and have really cut down on the moderating needed to keep the page 'clean', we sometimes get requests to join that are ignored because we never hear back- possibly because they don't check their messages. I really hate for people to miss out, who truly want to be in!

I really wish FB notified you when you had something in your "other" folder.  I finally turned mine off when I realized I had many missed message there that I wish I had known I had received.
Kimberly
Mom of DD - year 3, DS - age 4, and a baby boy
I think they are going to do away with the other folder, but I still have mine so I don't know. Something I read somewhere...
8 kids in AO years 2-11. After traveling fulltime for 3 years, we settled in Alabama.... for now! 
The following 1 user Likes michelle dawn's post:
  • whiteiris
I have a Facebook question on notifications.

I like to get the little red dot on the globe in the Facebook header to know if there are responses in Facebook.

I do not like to get e-mails. However, I don't know how to stop the e-mails.

After googling the problem, this is what I did: I went to my AO Facebook page, and I turned off notifications thinking this would stop the e-mails. But now I wonder if I have turned off the little-red-dot-on-the-globe feature as well.

Can a Facebook savvy person help me with this?
Dawn, Georgia
"Knowledge is love and light and vision."  Helen Keller
Blogging at the CMER Blog.
I have a free email I send all the FB notification emails to. Periodically I go in and clean out that email box and change the password. That's probably not the tech savvy answer you were looking for, but it works for me.
Kathy W.~Northwest by North
"The teacher who allows his scholars the freedom of the city of books is at liberty to be their guide, philosopher and friend; and is no long the mere instrument of forcible intellectual feeding."
Vol. 6
The following 1 user Likes Kathy W.'s post:
  • Dawn Rhymer
I do not get emails, but I don't remember excatly what I did to make them stop. I think it was something in my Facebook account -- not in the AO FB group, but in my general facebook privacy/preference account settings.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 3 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Dawn Rhymer, Lani, lklivingston

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have you liked our Facebook page? Brandy Vencel 13 238,212 12-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dawn Duran