how to use yahoo groups
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/how to use yahoo groups
I feel really ridiculous asking this, but do I have to have a yahoo account to access the files on the yahoo groups? I keep running into problems (but part of the problem is that we have really slow internet access, and I keep getting interrupted when I sit down to work on it), so I decided to just put my pride on the line and ask the obvious. Thanks!
Beth - living in Southern Africa
Learning with T (2007), K (2009), N (2011), and D (2013)
"...to be pleasing to Him." II Cor. 5:9
Yes, but you don't have to use yahoo mail.
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
Argh, duplicate post. Sorry!
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: how to use yahoo groups
Really, there's not much useful left in the Yahoo groups. Many (most?) of those files are at least slightly out of date. If there's something specific you need, ask, and we might be able to help you. Others helped me a lot, in my years of sketchy internet access. :)
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 1 user Likes Phyllis's post:
  • MelisaH
The art prints are still in a Yahoo group.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 3 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • Amy Jo Hines, MelisaH, NorthLaurel
(07-26-2014, 09:58 PM)lklivingston Wrote: The art prints are still in a Yahoo group.

But not in the main AO/HEO files. The group with the art prints is not maintained by AO.
That's true. The OP didn't specify which Yahoo groups she needed access to.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • MelisaH
Thank you all so much! We're just starting year 1, and I don't want to miss anything. I'm looking at the copywork group and the year 1 group. It looks like most useful things from year 1 have been moved over, but yahoo group copywork is still active? Am I reading that right?

So I'm registering for a yahoo account (I usually use gmail), not for email but to access the group. We'll see how that goes.

Thanks again,
Beth
Our country is blacklisted from creating accounts with many email services, and yahoo appears to be one of those. I have tried unsuccessfully to create a yahoo account -- it has me in an infinite "create account" loop. So if there's anything good that I'm missing for year one that I would find in the yahoo groups, would someone be willing to send it to me?
I think the Year 1 group is completely inactive. The copywork group, as far as I know, was just a place to store collections of copywork quotes. It was not an official AO effort....

Okay, I went and looked at the copywork group before clicking on reply here. It is active. I can post there and ask for permission to send the Year 1 file(s) on to you. (Personally, I like to choose my own copywork, so I've never used these.) I'll let you know what the answer is; surely they won't mind. :)
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 1 user Likes Phyllis's post:
  • MelisaH

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AO for groups Form I bosonoga 0 1,861 05-25-2021, 03:36 AM
Last Post: bosonoga
  yahoo copywork files Serufener 2 3,897 07-18-2019, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Serufener
  yahoo group: AO-Member-Schedules MichelleDee 2 4,569 06-20-2018, 11:33 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  Private groups caseyjo 1 2,702 01-16-2016, 06:01 AM
Last Post: clay1416
  confused about membership in private groups nectarhill 2 3,430 11-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Peacefully Buzzing
  Yahoo Groups News lklivingston 4 6,529 08-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  Yahoo group still active? ozark mama 5 6,868 02-26-2013, 02:20 AM
Last Post: ozark mama
  files in yahoo groups Annette W. 1 3,317 08-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Last Post: lklivingston