Cleaning out PMs -- trash or delete?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Cleaning out PMs -- trash or delete?
What is the difference between moving PMs to Trash Can and Deleting them?

Is there a way to archive them or some of them? Okay, I'm going back over there to see if "Trash Can" is a folder for archiving.
Kay Pelham
Mom of One 21 year old young man (AO Year 0 to 12 graduate, as of May '21), Wife of One well-aged man
www.kaypelham.com
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Cleaning out PMs -- trash or delete?
If you move them to trash, they still take up your PM space. You need to delete them completely.

Apparently you can save them to an external archive, but I haven't attempted that yet.
Jeanne in Australia
A Peaceful Day
The following 1 user Likes Jeanne Webb's post:
  • laurke
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Cleaning out PMs -- trash or delete?
(08-22-2012, 08:39 AM)KayPelham Wrote: What is the difference between moving PMs to Trash Can and Deleting them?

Is there a way to archive them or some of them? Okay, I'm going back over there to see if "Trash Can" is a folder for archiving.

Kay, you can save them on your computer in one of three formats. The neatest, in my opinion, is to save them in the HTML format. Once you do so and the HTML page is generated, just right-click and save it in a folder on your computer.

If you have some in folders and want to do all messages in one swoop, then check all boxes in each folder, and transfer to your inbox (or any folder), and then check all boxes again once they're all moved. (hope that makes sense)

Once you've checked all that you wish to download, look up above the messages and you will see:

Inbox | Compose Message | Manage Folders | Empty Folders | Download Messages

Choose 'Download Messages' and I think it will be explanatory after that. Just be sure to save your HTML file, as it won't save to your computer automatically like the other two will.
Stephanie  [Heart <3] DS 18
Charlotte Mason Devotees, Since 2004

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to delete a post? Rondalyno 2 4,360 06-11-2023, 11:47 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  How to delete / edit post? charisully 3 5,056 09-30-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  How delete a (double ) message? Friederike 0 1,834 09-12-2019, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Friederike
  Empty Private Message Trash? suzukimom 4 5,679 11-23-2013, 03:29 AM
Last Post: suzukimom