AO/ CM Meeting in NW Indiana (near IL and not far from Michigan)
Photo  Photo  Announcements/AO/ CM Meeting in NW Indiana (near IL and not far from Michigan)
[Image: 12112116_10206766077566467_7395901306027...e=568A80F4]Thursday, October 15th, just a touch more than one week away.

I hope to have some AO friends there with whom we can discuss nature study.  I have a couple of the books Miss Mason used, and I'll be letting others touch them for a pittance (just kidding.  You can't touch them)*

Bring your own favorite resource, and a snack.  I will provide coffee, hot tea, and water is there at the library (really this time- last time, I couldn't do the coffee and I forgot the plates, but I should be able to do it this time).

An unexpected bonus was that last time, Baby Grayson came, too- he's my grandchild who was in the NICU during the AO conference and for whom so many, many people prayed.  He might be there this time, too- because nursing babies and nursling toddlers are always welcome wherever AO goes.=)

Hope you can come.

*Okay, seriously, you can touch them. You can take pictures.  And it's free.=)
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
The following 4 users Like WendiC's post:
  • Amanda Hall, MelisaH, phoebebopeep, SherryElmer
Announcements/AO/ CM Meeting in NW Indiana (near IL and not far from Michigan)
I was talking a out some logistics with my husband yesterday and I think I will be able to come. :) I am looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mary
Wife to Mark, mom to 11, grandma to 4; 
~ Soli Deo Gloria
The following 1 user Likes Maryru's post:
  • WendiC
Announcements/RE: AO/ CM Meeting in NW Indiana (near IL and not far from Michigan)
I just put the teabags (Choice organic) coffee (paris vanilla), saucers, cups and napkins into a pretty basket, gathered some interesting nature study books, and collected a couple nature study specimens from my retaining wall. Sitting down now to work on my notes some more.

Feel free to bring along some nature study resources you've loved, or your own or the kids' nature study notebooks!
Announcements/RE: AO/ CM Meeting in NW Indiana (near IL and not far from Michigan)
(10-16-2015, 01:36 AM)WendiC Wrote: I just put the teabags (Choice organic) coffee (paris vanilla), saucers, cups and napkins into a pretty basket, gathered some interesting nature study books, and collected a couple nature study specimens from my retaining wall. Sitting down now to work on my notes some more.

Feel free to bring along some nature study resources you've loved, or your own or the kids' nature study notebooks!

Y'all are going to have so much fun. I wish I could have come this month!
(10-16-2015, 01:36 AM)WendiC Wrote: I just put the teabags (Choice organic) coffee (paris vanilla), saucers, cups and napkins into a pretty basket, gathered some interesting nature study books, and collected a couple nature study specimens from my retaining wall. Sitting down now to work on my notes some more.

This sounds so lovely...I wish I lived closer too!
Jen in North Carolina - Mama (Seminary Student) to dd18(!) (Dual Enrollment), ds15 (Y9), dd 13 (Y7)
Moderating in Language Arts/Narration
Wonderful time, Wendi. Stephanie and I both commented on the way home how much we enjoyed it. Gave me a fresh perspective. Thank you for hosting!
Moderator of Form IV, V & VI, CM Vol I, and History & Geography

The following 4 users Like Joy's post:
  • Dawn Duran, lklivingston, MelisaH, WendiC
(10-16-2015, 01:46 PM)Joy Wrote: Wonderful time, Wendi. Stephanie and I both commented  on the way home how much we enjoyed it. Gave me a fresh perspective.  Thank you for hosting!

Aw, you're sweet.  I emailed the documents on nature study just now.  Let me know if you don't get them.
It was lovely! Thank you so much.
Whitney
DH (36 years), Ivy 17yo dd in Y12, and two grown daughters
Are we meeting in November?
Moderator of Form IV, V & VI, CM Vol I, and History & Geography

(10-31-2015, 10:39 PM)Joy Wrote: Are we meeting in November?

Heh.  I just emailed you about this.   No, but I'm working on a plan for a January meeting during the day, with kids and various CM type activities.  
The following 2 users Like WendiC's post:
  • Joy, MelisaH

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  #AOCM2019 AmblesideOnline’s Camp Meeting 2019 Donna-Jean 161 826,237 09-21-2022, 03:35 AM
Last Post: RMcDaris