AO 2.0 is On Its Way
Announcements/AO 2.0 is On Its Way
Coming Soon: AmblesideOnline is putting the final touches on a streamlined version of AO that can be done with groups of students in Form I (grades 1-3), Form II (grades 4-6) and Form III (grades 7-8 or 9). Are you thinking of doing AO in a co-op setting? Are you hoping to start a CM cottage school? Perhaps you need a way to streamline a large family into a couple of Years? AO 2.0 may be just what you're looking for!

Hold your questions while we get to work settling a few last details and getting this into a presentable format. We can share this much: this plan uses many of the same high quality books that AO is known for, with weekly schedules to help pace your year. AO 2.0 will have the same high standards and rich ideas that AmblesideOnline has always had, in a pared down, simplified version designed especially for groups . . . all of it true to Charlotte Mason's principles, and like AO's regular curriculum, all free for groups to use (you still have to buy your own books!)
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Announcements/RE: AO 2.0
In case you were wondering if this meant the regular version of AO is being replaced -- no, the AO that's been around for over fifteen years will still be around, but now there will be two versions -- one for families who can place students in their own individual year, and one especially for cottage schools and co-ops where grouping kids is a necessity.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
HALLELUJAH!!!! This is gonna be AWESOME!!!
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys that are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
WOW! You guys sure do work hard!
Home educating in England with 13yr old boy (Y8), 11 yr old boy (Y6), 6yr old girl (Y1) and 3 year old rascal. 
Been using AO since day 1 with number 1!

Instagram:. English Home Educator
This is the third time I have thanked you all for this today!! Thank you!
Oakblossoms
Mom to Six
19b, 17b, 13b, 7g, 5b, and 1g

The following 4 users Like Oakblossoms's post:
  • Amanda Hall, Janice, MNmama, tinoswifey
(06-18-2017, 03:10 PM)Oakblossoms Wrote: This is the third time I have thanked you all for this today!!  Thank you!
No amount of words or repetition can express the gratitude I have for the amazing women of the AO Advisory (and Auxiliary!), so I think your third "thank you" of the day is entirely appropriate.  [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”~Erasmus
Moderating in History & Geography and Physical Education
Very excited!!!! AO has done it again!
I am excited to learn more, even though I don't have a school or co-op in which to implement it - YET!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Leslie, mom of 4 in NE Ohio

16 yo DS, 14 yo DS, 12 yo DD, and 7 yo DS. Oldest currently in public school as a sophomore, the others homeschooled with Y9, Y7, and Y2.
The following 5 users Like lmichelleb's post:
  • AimeeB, Amanda Hall, Dawn Duran, Subversive Gardener, tinoswifey
Announcements/AO 2.0
I'm down to only one left, but I can see this as a great resource for those with children close together. What a blessing the Advisory are to homeschool moms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following 7 users Like tkbbmom24's post:
  • Amanda Hall, BecTasmanian, deefisher31, lajackson1021, mhadd015, VanessaB, Zoo Keeper
Eagerly waiting to hear more...:)
Zoo Keeper

The following 3 users Like Zoo Keeper's post:
  • Amanda Hall, BecTasmanian, Purposeful Abnegation