AO for Groups is Here!
Announcements/AO 2.0 is Here!
Is there I cannot access the photo pinned ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rochelle

The photo you see in Tapatalk? Unless it was deleted, you should be able to find it by looking through the posts in this thread.

Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
I can only view it as the photo for the discussion (like an advertisement).

Rochelle

Announcements/RE: AO 2.0 is Here!
(07-13-2017, 02:54 AM)riversidemamma Wrote: I can only view it as the photo for the discussion (like an advertisement).

Post #19?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Singing to myself(y9), ds1(2/11, y0) dd(01/13), & ds2(03/15).
(07-13-2017, 06:24 AM)MrsH Wrote: Post #19?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ah!! Thank you!

Rochelle

Announcements/RE: AO for Groups is Here!
"AO for Groups" - like :)
Aussie Mum of four; trusting God - "for in my need, His power is displayed." Youngest is AO1 in 2020
The following 1 user Likes BecTasmanian's post:
  • Subversive Gardener
yes, I think it makes more sense than 2.0 [Thumbs up!]

Sent from my GT-S5310B using Tapatalk
Claire - Tasmanian mum sharing one of God's garden beds with four other 'Son-flowers' - DH (husband of 21 years), Little Bear  (DS 16yo, AO Year 10 - not so little any more [:P cheesy, cheesy!] ), Miss Muffet (DD 15 yo, AO Year 10) and Mouse (DS 12yo, AO Year 6).
"A child of any age should be a well-read person for his age." - Charlotte Mason
The following 2 users Like Subversive Gardener's post:
  • Janice, Purposeful Abnegation
I have a question about placement. Prior to AO for Groups/2.0 going live, I was going to start my 7 year olds in Year 1 and my 9 year olds in Year 2. My 7 year olds are not reading yet and my 9 year olds are not necessarily "on grade level" with their reading.
I'm considering using the AO 2.0 since I've got a group of my own here to simplify things a bit. I'm wondering A) Will it even simplify? B) Should I put my 9 yo's in Form 2A or do 1A with everyone?
If we do separate forms what (if anything) can we do together or would effectively I be running 2 separate homeschools?
~ Jen K.
If you were to use groups for your 3, then you would put them all in the same one. If you used AO year 1 last year with the twins, then you could start in 1B. Groups is a smaller list of books and they are arranged differently. So you may end up repeating books and having to replace them with other books if you do it that way.
You could also stick with both year 1 for the 7 and year 2 for the twins and utilize a form 1 rotation. Which basically combines many books but not all of them.
Mom of 5 boys and a baby girl 
2 AO graduates!  Currently working through years 9, 3 & 1.  
The following 1 user Likes Janice's post:
  • Subversive Gardener
(07-25-2017, 01:40 AM)Twinsmomxtwo Wrote: I have a question about placement.  Prior to AO for Groups/2.0 going live, I was going to start my 7 year olds in Year 1 and my 9 year olds in Year 2. My 7 year olds are not reading yet and my 9 year olds are not necessarily "on grade level" with their reading.
I'm considering using the AO 2.0 since I've got a group of my own here to simplify things a bit.  I'm wondering A) Will it even simplify? B) Should I put my 9 yo's in Form 2A or do 1A with everyone?
If we do separate forms what (if anything) can we do together or would effectively  I be running 2 separate homeschools?

What is the dynamic when you have all four together? I often find that working with 1-2 of my children at once is much easier than trying to manage the dynamics of group work.

At your children's ages, I would expect to read everything aloud regardless of whether you use traditional AO or AO for groups. AO for groups would only be helpful if you use Form 1 for everyone.

If you put them in years 1 and 2, you could still read Tales from Shakespeare, Parables from Nature and Pilgrim's Progress together (we read Little Pilgrim's Progress when I had boys in years 1 and 2).Regardless of what you choose, there is still much you can do together: artist study, composer study, drawing, handicrafts, folksongs, hymns, and nature study (and probably more that I missed!). You could also enjoy poetry and free read read-alouds together as a group (any of the form 1 recommendations would be appropriate for your kids).
Emily in Central WA
Mom to 4 boys (16yo, 15yo, 13yo, 8yo) and 2 little girls (10yo, 6yo)
AO Years 11, 10, 8, 5, 3 and 1
The following 4 users Like EmilyT's post:
  • Janice, MichelleChoe, Sarah, Subversive Gardener