Not sure where to post: Raspberry Pi tech question
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Not sure where to post: Raspberry Pi tech question
Sorry, I am not sure where to post this technology handicraft question. Moderators please post it where you think I might get an answer.

My son is having a problem when using his Raspberry Pi where his SD card is getting wiped every time he changes operating systems. Is there a way to prevent this. He is using an SD card to USB adapter. Sorry this mom is pretty tech illiterate so any help is much appreciated. Thanks. Also any recommendations on student friendly tech forums or discussion loops would be greatly appreciated.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Not sure where to post: Raspberry Pi tech question
This is a good place! The teens have access to this spot, and they may also have some advice.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Not sure where to post: Raspberry Pi tech question
Does the SD card have a lock option? That's all I can think of at the moment.
(It's on the side; a little "switch.")
Blossom- AO Grads, '15 & '17. Children are born persons
Online classesBooks: Lulu and BlurbSet Your Feet, book 'reviews'

(07-14-2017, 05:48 AM)NorthLaurel Wrote: Does the SD card have a lock option? That's all I can think of at the moment.
(It's on the side; a little "switch.")

That might help.Flip that switch first. My son is at camp but he had the same issue. Not all SD cards are the same. It's also possible it's being overworked in the sense of trying to do too many things with it.
The highest design of philosophy was to propound and expose the beauty of virtue, and its charming aspect, as the most worthy motive to draw and influence the affections...virtue is but a ray of the Diety; and our duty is not complete, unless it be referred to his glory, who is the principle and pattern of it. -Thomas Boston

Mom to 4; 2 grads, yr 10/11 & yr 7.
The following 1 user Likes Barb Gifford's post:
  • taratf
Not the switch since it is a micro SD card. Highly possible it is being overworked. He is having too much fun running emulators on it:)
The following 1 user Likes taratf's post:
  • Barb Gifford
So every time he uses a different micro SD card, the card he puts in gets wiped?
Programmer and computer troubleshooter and book lover
Miri the Staff-Lady (reference to story from teen area XD)
(07-15-2017, 02:07 AM)Rampion Wrote: So every time he uses a different micro SD card, the card he puts in gets wiped?

My son was switching between 2 cards. I just remembered there may be an issues with who/which computer formats the SD card. Could be an "ownership" issue.

I'll ask my husband when he gets home if he remembers how we solved this.
The highest design of philosophy was to propound and expose the beauty of virtue, and its charming aspect, as the most worthy motive to draw and influence the affections...virtue is but a ray of the Diety; and our duty is not complete, unless it be referred to his glory, who is the principle and pattern of it. -Thomas Boston

Mom to 4; 2 grads, yr 10/11 & yr 7.
The following 2 users Like Barb Gifford's post:
  • Rampion, taratf

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to delete a post? Rondalyno 2 4,130 06-11-2023, 11:47 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  unable to edit post MichelleDee 2 4,352 05-01-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  How do I attach a file to a post? can80n 3 4,760 08-17-2022, 09:46 PM
  How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? laurens 10 13,064 08-12-2022, 10:41 PM
Last Post: audreygreer
  How to delete / edit post? charisully 3 4,781 09-30-2021, 05:10 AM
  Dumb question, but........ (how to view Last Post read in a thread) Kelly1730 23 27,138 07-21-2021, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Tammy Glaser
  Trying to find out what happened to my time-sensitive post... sarahtorres 6 7,930 06-14-2021, 02:36 AM
Last Post: sarahtorres
  Deleting post busyncmama 4 5,467 05-09-2020, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Bombadillo
  How to post a picture? Jeff's Jessie 4 5,251 05-09-2020, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Bombadillo
  I can't edit my post Alana 3 5,004 08-14-2019, 12:37 PM