New! and Improved! Combo years 7/8 and 8/9
Announcements/RE: New! and Improved! Combo years 7/8 and 8/9
Thank you all for the hard work you put into this curriculum! We are blessed.
The following 1 user Likes Shellyp's post:
  • Urbanveggie
I'm checking and re-checking to make sure that I have everything, and just noted that the Wonderbook of Chemistry is on the chart, but not on the booklist, for year 7/8.
-Elizabeth

Mom to 14 yo C, 11 yo G and 3 yo J
The following 1 user Likes ElizabethL's post:
  • lklivingston
I added it to the schedule - but apparently didn't add it to the booklist. [Oh brother!] It's on there now.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 2 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Janice, lklivingston
Announcements/New! and Improved! Combo years 7/8 and 8/9
Thank you for clarifying & giving fresh thought to these areas. I have 2 children using these schedules this year & was able to implement the changes before we were too far in our new school year. You continue to further my education as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just now realizing there's a big difference between the PDF schedule that I have and the written schedule for year 7/8. We are in week 4 using the PDF schedule. Please help me understand why all the differences. I'm looking back at the old schedule and the new schedule and neither look like the one I'm working off of? It doesn't have Bede's, Beowulf, Once & Future King, or Watership Down, and some of Term 3 is different.
(08-29-2017, 09:36 AM)40acres Wrote: I'm just now realizing there's a HUGE difference between the PDF schedule and the written schedule for year 7/8. We are in week 4 using the PDF schedule. Please help me understand why all the differences.

I'm comparing week 4 of the written schedule with week 4 on the pdf and they seem the same to me. Are you looking at what I'm looking at? Are you looking at an older copy of the schedule? Or maybe 8/9 instead of 7/8?
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
(08-29-2017, 09:48 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: I'm comparing week 4 of the written schedule with week 4 on the pdf and they seem the same to me. Are you looking at what I'm looking at? Are you looking at an older copy of the schedule? Or maybe 8/9 instead of 7/8?

It's older, I printed it last April. I see now that a bunch of changes were made but I didn't realize it. I have the new schedule printed and am working out how to align the old with the new. This is our first year so I was already feeling a little overwhelmed with the amount of work, but I'm feeling much better about it today and will just adjust as I can and assign free reading from what I can't.
(08-30-2017, 04:04 AM)40acres Wrote: It's older, I printed it last April. I see now that a bunch of changes were made but I didn't realize it. I have the new schedule printed and am working out how to align the old with the new.

Okay, I'm glad that mystery was cleared up! I hoped that by making these changes in the middle of summer, I could avoid having changes surprise people in the midst of an ongoing school year, but it seems like a whole lot of people didn't stop over the summer.

You can still use the old schedule -- it's here with links to the old grid schedules and will remain posted all this year -- but I think the changes are big improvements as far as spreading the reading more evenly and a couple of options chosen differently.
The following 1 user Likes LeslieNoelani's post:
  • laurke
(08-30-2017, 04:50 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: Okay, I'm glad that mystery was cleared up! I hoped that by making these changes in the middle of summer, I could avoid having changes surprise people in the midst of an ongoing school year, but it seems like a whole lot of people didn't stop over the summer.

You can still use the old schedule -- it's here with links to the old grid schedules and will remain posted all this year -- but I think the changes are big improvements as far as spreading the reading more evenly and a couple of options chosen differently.

Thank you! Yes I really like the new schedule
I've been using this schedule this year and love it! thanks so much for putting this together!
The following 2 users Like wanderingstar's post:
  • COMama, LeslieNoelani

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! Donna-Jean 98 145,793 07-26-2023, 11:33 AM
Last Post: andrealisabeth
  Updated Madam How in text-only version (Years 4 and 5) AnneWhite 0 12,395 07-24-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  Schedule Changes Years 4, 5, 6 LeslieNoelani 72 861,578 09-12-2018, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Bliss
  Geography Addition: Years 4-6 LeslieNoelani 22 270,511 03-11-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  New! and Improved! Year 9 Lite LeslieNoelani 2 41,544 07-15-2017, 09:11 AM
Last Post: verkom
  Science Change: Years 2 and 3/Pagoo LeslieNoelani 1 62,199 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Phyllis