A New Version of This Country of Ours - Volume 1
Announcements/RE: A New Version of This Country of Ours - Volume 1
Just popping in to check... still no volume 2... but I want to get updates! My mom is starting Year 4 with my girls tomorrow, and I'm hoping to send her the new version during the year. :-)
Ariana
2nd generation homeschooler, part-time veterinarian, Coast Guard wife, and full-time mama to 14 yo boy, 10 yo girl, and 8 yo girl.
This new version is so nice! I really appreciate all the notes. It was so much work. Thank you!
Second Generation Homeschooler w/ one daughter, Year 4
and two daughters, one son, and at least three more babies in heaven.
https://awdowner.com
(09-06-2022, 09:29 AM)islavet Wrote: Just popping in to check... still no volume 2... but I want to get updates! My mom is starting Year 4 with my girls tomorrow, and I'm hoping to send her the new version during the year. :-)

Me too! I bought vol 1 just a few days after Molly finished those chapters. I've loved what I've seen looking through it!
- Mandie
Mom to Jack (16 - year 10), Sally (14 - year 9), Molly (10 - year 5), Gareth (8 - year 2), and Sunny (6- year 1)
Occasionally blogging at http://teachingdragonslayers.blogspot.com
Announcements/A New Version of This Country of Ours - Volume 1
Thank you so much for this work Donna Jean. My third go through with my current year 3 student is so much better without my handwritten edits and white outs and I’m so thankful for the updates, the notes, the pronunciation, AND the size!! Our older copy is so large and unwieldy, it is already falling apart after one 6 years of use. Your new version is lovely and beautiful. My daughter and I are enjoying it! I pray the next few volumes are ready in time for my yr 5 can read it . But otherwise! My year 1 is going to be for a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following 1 user Likes marianelson's post:
  • Jeff's Jessie
(10-19-2022, 06:26 AM)marianelson Wrote: Thank you so much for this work Donna Jean. My third go through with my current year 3 student is so much better without my handwritten edits and white outs and I’m so thankful for the updates, the notes, the pronunciation, AND the size!! Our older copy is so large and unwieldy, it is already falling apart after one 6 years of use. Your new version is lovely and beautiful. My daughter and I are enjoying it! I pray the next few volumes are ready in time for my yr 5 can read it . But otherwise! My year 1 is going to be for a treat.

Thank you for this, and for all the comments here. 

Thank you, too, for those who pray for me, that I will be able to stay on my schedule and get the other volumes done. 

After I was his primary caregiver for over a year and a half, my Dad went to be with the Lord a week ago. (We live together in a four-generation household.) I will now continue with caring for my Mom. It's been an intense time, and the grief is deep, but we rejoice in the sure knowledge that Dad is with Jesus. 

My prayer is that I'll get back to writing soon, after this immediate season settles a bit - and hopefully volume 2 will still be done this winter :-)
Honored to be an Advisory Member. Mom to 4 (all grown), Mom-Mom to 5 (2 that I homeschool). 
God is safe to trust!  http://www.safetotrust.blogspot.com
The following 6 users Like Donna-Jean's post:
  • amerebreath, amy.fischer, EchoOfJoy, GoodQueenBess, Sammie2, Subversive Gardener
That does sound like an intense season. I'll be praying!
Second Generation Homeschooler w/ one daughter, Year 4
and two daughters, one son, and at least three more babies in heaven.
https://awdowner.com
(10-28-2022, 06:25 AM)Donna-Jean Wrote: Thank you for this, and for all the comments here. 

Thank you, too, for those who pray for me, that I will be able to stay on my schedule and get the other volumes done. 

After I was his primary caregiver for over a year and a half, my Dad went to be with the Lord a week ago. (We live together in a four-generation household.) I will now continue with caring for my Mom. It's been an intense time, and the grief is deep, but we rejoice in the sure knowledge that Dad is with Jesus. 

My prayer is that I'll get back to writing soon, after this immediate season settles a bit - and hopefully volume 2 will still be done this winter :-)

I am very sorry for your loss Donna-Jean, praying for you and your family.
The following 1 user Likes Ozziemama's post:
  • amerebreath
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Donna-Jean.
MaryEllen
Mom of 2 AO Graduates
The following 2 users Like MaryEllen's post:
  • amerebreath, GoodQueenBess
Announcements/A New Version of This Country of Ours - Volume 1
Sorry to hear about your loss, Donna-Jean. Praying for you in this season.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States” Donna-Jean 21 24,040 09-12-2023, 07:56 AM
Last Post: marianelson
  Updated Madam How in text-only version (Years 4 and 5) AnneWhite 0 12,399 07-24-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite