Schedule Updates
Announcements/RE: Schedule Updates
(07-19-2022, 02:23 PM)lettucepatchkids Wrote: I'm looking over year 10 for next year and see that there is this note "The AO Advisory is currently working on updated revisions to our Devotional and Citizenship/Worldview subjects for this Year."
Any idea when these updates will be done, or what books are being considered?

Nothing definite.  Please stay tuned.  As soon as there is information that can be shared, it will be.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 2 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • CrystalH, HaRae
(07-19-2022, 02:23 PM)lettucepatchkids Wrote: Any idea when these updates will be done, or what books are being considered?

We're looking at a major shift to Devotional Reading and Worldview/Citizenship. Worldview/Citizenship are being combined into the same category, which will be called Citizenship. A lot of books will be shuffled around to a Year where they work better, a few books will be dropped and a few added.

This is a change the Advisory has talked about for awhile, but we've had other projects to take care of. Now we have the time to focus on this. Unfortunately, it's not likely to be done in time for anyone who needs to start school in August. September is a possibility, but I can't make any guarantees.

If you want to wait for our changes, I would hold off on buying any books under Devotional Reading, Worldview, or Citizenship that aren't scheduled at the beginning of Term 1. But we may not have made the changes before most people start Term 1, so go ahead and get those books unless you can wait a few weeks.

Other subjects (history, geography, literature, etc.) are not changing. And under Citizenship, "Ourselves" and "Plutarch" are not changing.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 8 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • AnneWhite, Donna-Jean, EmilyT, Lani, lettucepatchkids, Ozziemama, TariOronar, verkom
When will the folk songs be updated?
(07-20-2022, 12:00 AM)Benaiah's mom Wrote: When will the folk songs be updated?

Soon - possibly today.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 4 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • AnneWhite, Benaiah's mom, lklivingston, Tammy Glaser
Announcements/Schedule Updates
Thank you for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just made minor updates to the Year 10 charts, replacing [author???] with the actual name of the author on the year overview at the top.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
I made a few cosmetic changes to the Year 8 schedule charts this week.
Kathy 
I just made some cosmetic changes to the Year 3 schedule.  Most noticeable was Term 3 Bible, where I tried to make it clearer what was assigned each week.
Kathy 
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • Ozziemama
(07-19-2022, 11:23 PM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: We're looking at a major shift to Devotional Reading and Worldview/Citizenship. Worldview/Citizenship are being combined into the same category, which will be called Citizenship. A lot of books will be shuffled around to a Year where they work better, a few books will be dropped and a few added.

This is a change the Advisory has talked about for awhile, but we've had other projects to take care of. Now we have the time to focus on this. Unfortunately, it's not likely to be done in time for anyone who needs to start school in August. September is a possibility, but I can't make any guarantees.

If you want to wait for our changes, I would hold off on buying any books under Devotional Reading, Worldview, or Citizenship that aren't scheduled at the beginning of Term 1. But we may not have made the changes before most people start Term 1, so go ahead and get those books unless you can wait a few weeks.

Other subjects (history, geography, literature, etc.) are not changing. And under Citizenship, "Ourselves" and "Plutarch" are not changing.

I'm looking at the schedule for Year 7 for 2023-2024 to start purchasing books and I noticed the note about advisory making revisions to the devotional readings. When will this be updated?
The following 1 user Likes Wilsonfam2008's post:
  • Ozziemama
Announcements/Schedule Updates
This reminds me, I was listening to a podcast and they were talking about which Christian writers/speakers will stand the test of time and why they would or wouldn’t. Speaking on current culture issues Vs. speaking on timeless issues (prayer, grace, forgiveness etc..) was a big factor. They spoke about How Should we then Live (I have not read this yet). That Schaeffer was speaking to the time and that it is becoming a little dated for the issues of our time. For example sexuality was not even mentioned. Anyway I am excited to see what changes are made and if this concept has any play in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD Y8, DS Y4, homeschooling with AO for 8 years now ❤️.
The following 1 user Likes jlallo's post:
  • Ozziemama

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Schedule Changes Years 4, 5, 6 LeslieNoelani 72 863,647 09-12-2018, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Bliss
  Year 9 Booklist and Schedule Change lklivingston 13 177,156 09-16-2017, 08:42 AM
Last Post: mama2lots
  Chart Schedule Updates lklivingston 34 427,810 08-04-2017, 01:39 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Year 5 Schedule Change lklivingston 5 87,860 07-11-2016, 12:13 PM
Last Post: monica626