Y7_36wk_chart
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Y7_36wk_chart
There seems to be a problem with the link or command or something with the Y7 links on this page https://amblesideonline.org/07sch.shtml 

When I double-click on the PDF link, it opens. But when I click on the DOC or DOT links, they don't open or download automatically. I was able to get them to work by right-click and "open link in new tab" but I couldn't get them to open otherwise.

Also, the first two terms do not have subject headings, just a list of book titles in the far left column. T3 does have the bold heading for Bible, History, Lit, Science, and Citz. In conjunction with the book list, I can figure it out, but it is helpful for those things to be clearly marked on the chart.

Thank you all for the hard work you have done and continue doing to keep the website and forum operating!
"How easy it is to fly on paper wings!"  (Helen Keller)
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Y7_36wk_chart
I don't think that the problem you're having with the links is anything we can resolve from our end. The links are just links, nothing special.

As for the subject headings, I actually prefer leaving them out of the charts! lol They're fairly arbitrary, and sometimes we have taken them out to save space so that charts can fit on fewer pages.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 2 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • etihwnyrhtak, Rondalyno
Thanks for checking into it.
I had the same problem when I was trying to do it from my phone today. Just with Y7...no issue with Y1 that I also printed. It was fine when I switched to the Chromebook, though.
I'll try to look to see if anything's different about the code for those links. Thanks for the update!

Rondalyno, I will try to remember that you prefer having the subject headings. I may have the chance to add them at some point.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • Rondalyno
Could you all tell me more about the device and browser you are using? I just tried on my Windows PC in both Brave and Firefox. Both worked correctly, although differently. Year 7 and Year 1 links worked the same way as each other. So there must be some other common factor.
Kathy 
(05-28-2021, 12:11 AM)lklivingston Wrote: Could you all tell me more about the device and browser you are using?  I just tried on my Windows PC in both Brave and Firefox.  Both worked correctly, although differently.  Year 7 and Year 1 links worked the same way as each other.  So there must be some other common factor.

I was on my Android phone using Chrome when it didn't work. It did work using Chrome (obviously!) on the Chromebook. I have difficulty printing things off and on with my phone, so I assume it is my end. I only mentioned it since I could print Y1 and the previous poster had the same difficulty with the same year.
I am using Windows 10, Chrome browser (with Duck duck go installed) on a Lenovo Thinkpad. This time when I clicked the links for DOT and DOC, neither opened, but both automatically downloaded. Maybe the issue before was bad internet on my end (not unusual . . . )
Thanks! Leslie says the code itself is the same on both pages.
Kathy 
Here's a new question: do you have a pop-up blocker on?
Kathy