AO's 20th Anniversary!
Announcements/AO's 20th Anniversary!
[Image: AO20Banner.png]

AmblesideOnline is celebrating our 20th anniversary! We have a lot planned, and we want you to be a part of it!

On our Anniversary Day, Sunday, July 4th, we hope you'll have a day of worship and then time with your family - so we're giving our Moderators a break, too!  The Forum and our Facebook group will be closed for that one day.

On Monday, July 5th, we will have a worldwide Day of Praise. What has God done for your family, your children, or for you, that you want to offer praise for? Let's rejoice together!

On Tuesday, July 6th, it's Picture Day! Share a photo of yourself, your family or co-op, your bookshelf, or maybe your favorite nature study find.

On Wednesday, July 7th, we're having Graduation Day. If someone in your family or co-op graduated after using AO, let us know, tell us their story, and let's throw them a virtual party!

On Thursday, July 8th, it's Favorites! What is your (or your student's!) favorite: painting, symphony, wildflower, AO year, AO book, hymn, folk song, or - best of all - Bible verse? 

On Friday, July 9th, we will have a worldwide Day of Prayer. Prayer has been a part of AO from the very beginning, and Days of Prayer are a regular occurrence. Share a prayer request, pray for the ones you read, and don't forget to pray for AmblesideOnline and its leadership. 

On Saturday, July 10th - join us for a virtual Coffee with the Advisory and Auxiliary! The 12 of us got together to talk AO, our history, our curriculum, teens, preschool, and much more! Video link to follow. 

Monday, July 12th, the Grand Opening of AmblesideOnline's new website! All the information you've always loved, and now easier to use!

Celebrate with us!
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Announcements/RE: AO's 20th Anniversary!
That means I'm old! I was with AO when it was PUO. How exciting!!!!!
The following 3 users Like Tammy Glaser's post:
  • AnneWhite, LeslieNoelani, RWendel
So exciting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blossom- AO Grads, '15 & '17. Children are born persons
Online classesBooks: Lulu and BlurbSet Your Feet, book 'reviews'

The following 1 user Likes NorthLaurel's post:
  • AnneWhite
This is wonderful!

That’s exciting!! Congratulations, AO!

If the website is changing, does that mean any content changes are coming? I was about to start going through all the footnotes again for year 7… should I wait?

(07-02-2021, 02:19 AM)val_aggie Wrote: That’s exciting!! Congratulations, AO!

If the website is changing, does that mean any content changes are coming? I was about to start going through all the footnotes again for year 7… should I wait?

No content changes, except that Anne updated the Plutarch information on the main Plutarch page (that's not posted yet).

The booklists and footnotes are not changing, so go ahead and go through the Year 7 footnotes.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Super exciting! ?
Very nice! I have been using AO for...I don't remember 13 years maybe? I didn't even realize when I started that it hadn't been around all that long. It seems like one of those venerable institutions that's been around forever!
Homesteader, homeschooler, homemaker, mama to four and wife to my high school sweetheart.

"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it." - Anne Shirley
The following 3 users Like Laura in Ontario's post:
  • DawnE, Sandy O, verkom
Lots to look forward to! :)
Zoo Keeper

This feels so very special. I am grateful to be here to celebrate with AO! It has blessed my family tremendously.

Christina, mother of 5 beautiful children (Year 4, Year 2, Year 0, 3 year old, and 1 year old).