"Likes" plugin
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/"Likes" plugin
The "likes" plugin to the forum software that let you "like" a post is gone.  After our last forum software update, the plugin quit working for Tapatalk users because the plugin was too out of date.  My attempt to upgrade the plugin failed, so it is currently uninstalled.  If it comes back, the previous data will probably be lost and we'll have to start fresh.  (The data is still there, but I don't know that we can retrieve it.)
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: "Likes" plugin
Oh dear! That explains why its gone, though...
The updated Ambleside Online logo looks very pretty however... XD
i created this world to feel some control...destroy it if i want
I was going to "like" that comment, but I guess I won't.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 4 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • AgentOfS.H.I.E.L.D., Elgwana, happi, Rampion
Lol.
“With great power comes a great need... to take a nap. Wake me up later.” -Nico Di Angelo, The Last Olympian
  "Curse you Blinky! I will have your soul!” -Mr. D, The Last Olympian           "You lose this again and I'm keeping it." -Tony Stark, Endgame      "Speak English dummy!" -Talla Barton, COM 

Oh, no! I don't like the not liking.
Ah, I was wondering why Tapatalk's likes didn't work. So all the data being lost means that the likes that have been on posts before won't show up anymore?
"I want to watch the universe expand. I want to break it into pieces small enough to understand, and put it all back together again in the quiet of my private collection." -- Sleeping at Last
(07-11-2021, 06:47 AM)zozo21 Wrote: Ah, I was wondering why Tapatalk's likes didn't work. So all the data being lost means that the likes that have been on posts before won't show up anymore?
Probably not.
Kathy 
This will be hard to get used to.
Thanks for all you do, Kathy!
Claire - Tasmanian mum sharing one of God's garden beds with four other 'Son-flowers' - DH (husband of 21 years), Little Bear  (DS 16yo, AO Year 10 - not so little any more [:P cheesy, cheesy!] ), Miss Muffet (DD 15 yo, AO Year 10) and Mouse (DS 12yo, AO Year 6).
"A child of any age should be a well-read person for his age." - Charlotte Mason
(07-11-2021, 05:55 AM)lklivingston Wrote: I was going to "like" that comment, but I guess I won't.

Augh! Me too! LOL
~Kari
Working my fourth and last time through Y10!  Mom to three AO Graduates, 2017, 2020 and 2022.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/"Likes" plugin
Okay, I’m glad to know I am not crazy when I couldn’t find that like button anywhere! I
Mama of 6 (YR 6, YR 4, YR 2, Preschooler, Toddler, and Baby) <3 
The following 1 user Likes MonicaC's post:
  • Rampion

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tapatalk doesn't keep 'likes' MonicaC 9 9,395 03-27-2021, 12:23 PM
Last Post: MonicaC
  'likes' DaughterofEve 4 5,711 02-05-2015, 07:47 AM
Last Post: DaughterofEve
  Forum Runner plugin MaryFrances 3 4,246 01-13-2015, 04:00 AM
Last Post: MaryFrances