Wendi Capehart is with the Lord
Announcements/Wendi Capehart is with the Lord
There just aren't words, but I grieve along with the rest of the AO family. Thankful for Wendi.

Sent from my (usually) smart phone
Elissa ~ Y6, Y3.5, Y1, and Y0 with my sweet boys
The following 2 users Like Elissa's post:
  • AgentOfS.H.I.E.L.D., Melodie UAE
Announcements/RE: Wendi Capehart is with the Lord
She was precious in the sight of the LORD!

Wendi touched many more lives than she even knew. The time spent with her was precious, the connections were deep and quick. She was such a gem, and a balm to a weary soul. I am grateful to have met her and spent time discovering similar lives.

And . . . she is precious to Him.

. . . . . . .

Praying for the family as you all grieve for your mom and your sister. Losing a parent is very tough (my dad went Home Nov 2020). I will pray for you all as the days and weeks and months continue . . . without her at the table, or on the couch, or on her favorite chair. She will be missed, deeply, by all.

But . . . not without hope!
<><  Michelle the Nomad: currently in Virginia, Alaska, Kenya, SoCal, Denver, Wash DC, Richmond VA
Wife to my best friend and hero; Mama to Grace (AO Grad) and Joy (Yr8/9)
Dakota Academy International
The following 5 users Like MichelleDee's post:
  • AgentOfS.H.I.E.L.D., jessicak, Melodie UAE, MichelleChoe, Zoo Keeper
I'm so sorry for the loss her family and the whole AO community are experiencing, especially the Advisory, to whom she was clearly a dear friend. I can only imagine the pain her children are going through - not only to lose a mother, but a mother who would have (and perhaps already) invested much in the lives of her grandchildren. I know how much I rely on my parents' wisdom, as well as their particular giftings, in our homeschool. Her children and grandchildren's loss is great indeed.
Second generation homeschooler. Grateful to my Father for the privilege of educating my children at home. Thankful for his longsuffering when homeschooling sneaks up onto the pedestal to become my idol.
The following 1 user Likes HannahA's post:
  • Melodie UAE
I was so sorry to learn about her passing. I'm so grateful for everything she has done through Ambleside, her work has been such a blessing to us. My family is praying for her family during this difficult time.
DS 12 (Y6)  DS 9 (Y4)  DD 7 (Y1)  DS 4  DD 1

"We are not the people who draw back and are lost, we live by faith that we might be saved." Heb. 10:39
The following 1 user Likes jadegreen's post:
  • Melodie UAE
I began reading Wendi's blog when my kids were small. I recognized a like-minded soul and appreciated her words of encouragement and the practical suggestions born from her experience. I am so sorry she is no longer here, and have been praying for her family. I know there is a gaping hole left in the lives of her family and friends that won't be filled this side of eternity.
ozark mama
The following 3 users Like ozark mama's post:
  • Melodie UAE, MichelleDee, Zoo Keeper
I am so sorry to hear of her passing. I pray her family will find peace, they’ve lost so much these last couple of weeks, heart breaks for them. We have all been blessed by her work and we will all be miss her influence in our community here.
The following 1 user Likes Colby1's post:
  • Melodie UAE
What a great loss for Wendi's family and friends, as well as our greater homeschool community. I will miss Wendi's words of wisdom and her unique perspective. She always spoke reasonable and graciously about hard topics, and I appreciated that so much. I am thankful that we do not grieve as those who have no hope because we know that Wendi and Angel are with the LORD, whole and healed and in the land where there will be no more crying nor pain.
~Kiel~ Mama to DS "J" (13, Yr 7) and DD "A" (8, Yr 3) and Wife to Papa Lemon. Blogging at Tuning Hearts and finding new adventures in Southern WV.
The following 4 users Like MamaLemon's post:
  • HillaryJ, JoyH, Melodie UAE, MichelleDee
I am finding it hard to wrap my brain around the fact that Wendi is not with us any more. It just doesn't seem possible. She was such a vibrant presence in the AO community until so recently, on the Facebook page especially. I also followed her blog and personal FB page and I felt like I knew her even though I only spoke with her in person once in 2019. Now I feel such a strong sense of loss. If I, who only knew her superficially, feel this way, I can only imagine the devastating giant hole that has been ripped in the fabric of her family. I pray Psalm 67:1 over Wendi's family: May God have mercy on them, and bless them, and cause His face to shine upon them today.
Homesteader, homeschooler, homemaker, mama to four and wife to my high school sweetheart.

"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it." - Anne Shirley
(02-05-2022, 12:33 AM)Laura in Ontario Wrote: I am finding it hard to wrap my brain around the fact that Wendi is not with us any more. It just doesn't seem possible. She was such a vibrant presence in the AO community until so recently, on the Facebook page especially. I also followed her blog and personal FB page and I felt like I knew her even though I only spoke with her in person once in 2019. Now I feel such a strong sense of loss. If I, who only knew her superficially, feel this way, I can only imagine the devastating giant hole that has been ripped in the fabric of her family. I pray Psalm 67:1 over Wendi's family: May God have mercy on them, and bless them, and cause His face to shine upon them today.

I feel very similarly... I never met her, she may not even have known me, but... I read her blog before I found AO, and at first I didn't have a clue she was an Advisory member... It... Just doesn't seem real. Like maybe she is just taking a blogging break? Sigh... I'm deeply saddened. I wish there was more I could do to support those who loved her and whom she loved. May her Memory be Eternal and God have mercy on all of us grieving this loss.
"You have to have a strong will to give it up [to God]." ~ Mother Alexandra ~ former Princess Ileana of Romania
Katherine ~ Orthodox Christian ~ Happily Married
God Has Heard and Manifested Himself (5, Y0) , Gentleman (1, Y0), & Light-Giving Spirit (Due Summer '24)
The following 3 users Like Purposeful Abnegation's post:
  • Melodie UAE, MichelleDee, Subversive Gardener
I'm beginning to plan our upcoming school year as book sales are happening. Each time I log onto the Facebook page or the forum for guidance and insight it feels like a scab has been ripped off again.

When I head to LitLife for respite and community during my day, the pain is there.

It doesn't feel right to move forward without her and yet she wouldn't want that at all. I can only imagine what she might say to that thought! Not move forward? What else is there to do? She gave so much of who she was just so that we could reclaim and move forward.

I was a complete flailing "newborn" when I stumbled across Ambleside Online. I am a product of publics schools and worked in several before leaving my full time job to stay at home with my growing family. CM and AO were a breath of fresh air--the why and how had been pre packaged and laid out for this first time stay-at-home, first time mom, and first time home educator.

Gradually, I learned the names to look for and whose words to trust as tried and true.

Wendi has been there from the beginning and I miss her terribly. I never met her in person, and I'm not sure she'd recognize my name as countless women sought her advice, but I KNEW her. My children KNOW her. She spent her life scattering seeds in every direction and has made the world a more beautiful place.

I apologize for rambling, but I have no one in person that quite understands this profound loss.

The gratitude I have for the women behind AO has grown so much over the past week. I would be utterly lost without your guidance and wisdom. Thank you all. Thank you Wendi.

My heart and prayers are with her family. May God bless and comfort the family of Wendi and Angel as they gather together to celebrate lives well lived and mourn such a loss.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lynn Bruce with the Lord Donna-Jean 24 37,744 02-28-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Jeff's Jessie
  A Tribute to Wendi Capehart Donna-Jean 2 7,759 09-02-2022, 11:33 PM
Last Post: CrazyMama