RememberingWendiAO
Announcements/RE: RememberingWendiAO
I told my boys about where amblesideonline comes from, the blessings of all these women and how Wendi was a crucial part of my development as a mom. Between The Common Room and Wendi Wanders she spoke into my life in many ways. Then we read a Psalm and said Thanks for her and her life. She will be missed by many more than I will as I only knew her through a general blog/forum sort of relationship. But we can grieve with hope, b/c Jesus.
The following 5 users Like Mama Rachael's post:
  • CrazyMama, EchoOfJoy, emcclellan, Subversive Gardener, Zoo Keeper
Announcements/RememberingWendiAO
I never got around to sharing on March 30th. That day, we did our usual morning routine of poems, Bible reading, and songs. And I thought of Wendi loving these things. Then I told my children about Wendi and how she impacted our homeschool and many other people around the world. Their eyes lit up when I told them she was the one who picked the folk songs. They’re a favorite around here and my children sing all day!

Yesterday, we were watching Farewell to Nova Scotia by The High Kings on YouTube. As my children were all dancing around the living room and singing, I thought to myself, “I hope Wendi can see this.” Such joy! I never met her, but her writings and words and interviews and encouragement meant so much to me.

The High Kings is our favorite version of Farewell to Nova Scotia. You can find it on Spotify too. It is fun to watch the drummer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujh8o0EMPPs
Mama of 6 (YR 6, YR 4, YR 2, Preschooler, Toddler, and Baby) <3 
The following 3 users Like MonicaC's post:
  • Janice, laurke, LeslieNoelani

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  #RememberingWendiAO video Donna-Jean 0 4,716 03-30-2022, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Donna-Jean